1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OBX cat. DC header wont fit

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Teambypass, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Teambypass

Teambypass Senior Member

I have a 96 cx hb with a 98 jdm b18c. my obx cat arrived today and I went to a local shop and got myself a DC header and I put it on, but there is a huge gap like 5 inches between the OBX and the catback exhaust system. The DC header is shorter than my stock B18c jdm header. I dont want to do custom pipe to fill the gap, that's why I purchased after market exhaust(oh, could it be that the reason I have the gap is because i have a catback exhaust system that were make for the 92-95 hatch?). the obx cat fit perfectly to my stock header and the exhaust system,but there is a little problem, the two holes from my stock header wont fit the two holes on the obx. any opinion on what I should do. thanks

2. onetyme_sam

onetyme_sam Senior Member

i had the same problem when i purchased a test pipe. i bought an extension pipe for the application. it doesnt cost all that much

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Cut, extend, and weld. I had to cut some out of my cat (96-00) to fit it on my 5th gen. aftermarket stuff, especially when you start doing swaps and mixing applications usually has some slight fitment issues, get used to it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted