obx intake manifold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeamUrbanChaos

Certified H22 Super-tech
i was lookin into gettin an intake manifold for my H22 and i came across this chrome OBX intake manifolds for h22. i know the one to get is the skunk2 but i was just wondering if anyone here has or is familiar with the obx manifold. any suggestions??

Originally posted by TeamUrbanChaos@Aug 21 2005, 02:51 AM
i was lookin into gettin an intake manifold for my H22 and i came across this chrome OBX intake manifolds for h22. i know the one to get is the skunk2 but i was just wondering if anyone here has or is familiar with the obx manifold. any suggestions??
[post=543037]Quoted post[/post]​

i hear blox headers are actuallypretty decent for the long runners but idk. dont take my advice, at least not right now.

well besides the fact that their junk do they even fit or work correctly?? cuz if you take a look at the manifold, it dosent even look as if it has any openings to accomodate any vaccum lines anywhere on it.....so where the helll would i run my vaccum lines anyway??

Originally posted by evoracer03@Aug 21 2005, 03:58 AM
JUNK!!! ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE...
[post=543049]Quoted post[/post]​

if you haven't used it, just STFU!! Do you remember when Skunk2 first came out? Probably not, but they too started off with the same reputation as OBX has now and look where Skunk2 is now.

Now to answer the question, I haven't heard anything good or bad about OBX's Intake Manifolds but when OBX came out with cams that had the same specs as Skunk2's cams in each of their stages, there were alot of people on H-T that tried them out and they had no problems with them what-so-ever. that being said, it probably wouldn't hurt to try it out. but if you are worried about trying out the OBX manifold, i've heard nothing but rave reviews about the AEBS Intake Manifolds. I'm not sure if they make them for an H22 but I woudn't doubt it. Plus, the AEBS manifolds go for about $150 shipped off EBAY and I hear they make more power than the Skunk2 units.

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Aug 21 2005, 02:44 PM-->
evoracer03
@Aug 21 2005, 03:58 AM
JUNK!!!  ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE...
[post=543049]Quoted post[/post]​

if you haven't used it, just STFU!! Do you remember when Skunk2 first came out? Probably not, but they too started off with the same reputation as OBX has now and look where Skunk2 is now.

Now to answer the question, I haven't heard anything good or bad about OBX's Intake Manifolds but when OBX came out with cams that had the same specs as Skunk2's cams in each of their stages, there were alot of people on H-T that tried them out and they had no problems with them what-so-ever. that being said, it probably wouldn't hurt to try it out. but if you are worried about trying out the OBX manifold, i've heard nothing but rave reviews about the AEBS Intake Manifolds. I'm not sure if they make them for an H22 but I woudn't doubt it. Plus, the AEBS manifolds go for about $150 shipped off EBAY and I hear they make more power than the Skunk2 units.
[post=543136]Quoted post[/post]​

now that was a reply wort adding and i mean this with full respect we need more people with good answers not just stupid coments

i deffiantely kno for sure that AEBS does not make a manifold for h22's...ive heard alot of good thing about the AEBS manifolds and i wouls have been had one if they mad it for my car 4 sure!! but all ive seen out ther for H22's is the skunk 2 and the obx. i guess im tryn to avoud spending 400 on something not worth that at all and the OBX seems to be the only one else but before i g oout and buy it i wnnna kno how it fits on and where do u put your vaccum lines since the OBX does not accomodate any vaccum lines on it.

Originally posted by TeamUrbanChaos@Aug 21 2005, 02:34 PM
i deffiantely kno for sure that AEBS does not make a manifold for h22's...ive heard alot of good thing about the AEBS manifolds and i wouls have been had one if  they mad it for my car 4 sure!!  but all ive seen out ther for H22's is the skunk 2 and the obx. i guess im tryn to avoud spending 400 on something not worth that at all and the OBX seems to be the only one else but before i g oout and buy it i wnnna kno how it fits on and where do u put your vaccum lines since the OBX does not accomodate any vaccum lines on it.
[post=543146]Quoted post[/post]​

damn, that sucks about AEBS not making a manifold for you. as far as the vacuum lines go, maybe the pic is a manifold for another motor and they are just using that pic to show how their manifolds look :shrug2: i've heard a few good things about BLOX. do they make a manifold for you? if all else fails, get your stock intake manifold ported. just a thought, good luck :thumbsup:

OBX is a cheaper company.. You can expect lower quality.. Will it get the job done? An IM is a pipe with four tubes on it.. It would be hard to fuck that up. I'm sure it would work fine.

BUT...

The real issue is why the hell are you replacing the IM in the first place? Hondas IMs are some of the best factory units in the world. There are no major gains to be had by replacing the IM....

Take that money and put it elsewhere.. Buy a Hondada system.. Buy some good headers.. Get a high flow cat, or upgrade your exhaust. Get a 5 angle valve job.. Unless you are pushing 400 HP or something, the IM isn't going to make much of a difference. You might gain a hp.. one hp for $250? Forget it.

Originally posted by phyregod@Aug 21 2005, 04:02 PM
OBX is a cheaper company.. You can expect lower quality.. Will it get the job done? An IM is a pipe with four tubes on it.. It would be hard to fuck that up. I'm sure it would work fine.

BUT...

The real issue is why the hell are you replacing the IM in the first place? Hondas IMs are some of the best factory units in the world. There are no major gains to be had by replacing the IM....

Take that money and put it elsewhere.. Buy a Hondada system.. Buy some good headers.. Get a high flow cat, or upgrade your exhaust. Get a 5 angle valve job.. Unless you are pushing 400 HP or something, the IM isn't going to make much of a difference. You might gain a hp.. one hp for $250? Forget it.
[post=543185]Quoted post[/post]​

please explain how an aftermarket im isnt a worth while mod? just so you know there is 1 header not several headers on honda. gaining 1-2 whp here and there when going all motor is just part of the difficulty going this way.

Originally posted by phyregod@Aug 21 2005, 04:02 PM

BUT...

[post=543185]Quoted post[/post]​

you are wrong and right in that statment. YES honda does make some of the best flowing IM's out ther...FOR A OEM part, but on the other hand..The OEM intake setup is one of the most restrictive parts of 70% of hondas out there

in an all motor application i could not see a reason to replace the honda IM. I think you would be better off with a port and polish on your stock im.

Originally posted by reikoshea@Aug 21 2005, 05:21 PM
in an all motor application i could not see a reason to replace the honda IM. I think you would be better off with a port and polish on your stock im.
[post=543214]Quoted post[/post]​

which would probably cost almost as much as an aebs im which has been dyno proven to make power

Originally posted by vtecsir1+Aug 21 2005, 05:42 PM-->
reikoshea
@Aug 21 2005, 05:21 PM
in an all motor application i could not see a reason to replace the honda IM.  I think you would be better off with a port and polish on your stock im.
[post=543214]Quoted post[/post]​

which would probably cost almost as much as an aebs im which has been dyno proven to make power
[post=543219]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, but AEBS doesn't make one for his H22 :(

Someone needs to be kicked in the nuts.

Header, Headers.. whatever man.. Thanks for telling me there was only one "header" on a honda.. I didn't know..

Fucktard.

Originally posted by phyregod@Aug 21 2005, 10:59 PM
Someone needs to be kicked in the nuts.

Header, Headers.. whatever man.. Thanks for telling me there was only one "header" on a honda.. I didn't know..

Fucktard.
[post=543319]Quoted post[/post]​

well apparently you didn't so whos the fucktard? what next vtech

Originally posted by TeamUrbanChaos@Aug 21 2005, 10:46 PM
i dont think anyone besides skunk2 and OBX make manifolds for my motor
[post=543313]Quoted post[/post]​

well I searched BLOX and AEBS on EBAY and they both didn't have manifolds for the h22. i'm sure more companies make manifolds for the H22, i just don't know them off the top of my head.

Back