OCT 26....CART....LAST AUTOCROSS.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

that day i should have walked the course. but then again, 4 O/C's and one good time that was good enough for second in my class outta 4....

HS 17 WARREN ELLOITT CART 42.223
*HS 192 CHRIS FUHRMANN 44.825 *
HS 190 JON LAVADO CART 44.902
HS 28 KIM SNOW CART 45.017

beating cart members. sad.

DM 171 CLAYTON PACE 44.595

and it was a .23 difference. :lol:

some of the others....

GS 9 CHIP RUTAN FTD CART 39.659
DM 164 BILL CRANFORD 40.726

I would like to attend, I just haven't purchased a helmet as of yet, The plan is for me to buy it after xmas, for next season.

so I'll have to see if Bill is going and if B is or isn't. so I can share with someone.

1 cone...the last cone on the course...got me....but one cone =+2 sec's...hehe

ahh wait till Sunday...hehe........I'll be there and ready to wipe the tears from your eyes when I smoke the tires and light the fires in the mean little 4'banger I call the Rexperimental....as it dusts your Ra'ge......and leaves you far behind in the times......hehe

Now Bill on the other hand is going to be hard to catch for me...and I can already forget even trying to get close to Chip....but I would enjoy seeing Noah and his buddy Mike out there again.

the rage is done for the season. ive already got my electronics goodies back in. id be running the sweet EG Si.

Originally posted by Green92HatchDX@Oct 20 2003, 08:50 AM
if its too cold i wont be there. :lol: but i dont think im going to make it anyway.

This weekend, we get to move our clocks back an hour. So that's an extra hour of sleep! And about the cold, wear a sweater and a cap. You're a wussy if you don't show up.

:D

i ordered one of those polartec jackets from work the other day, and requested i have my company logo put on it, and for an extra 5 bucks i can have that instead of the crappy incom logo. sucks for them, me walkin into work with the jackets they sell without that logo. but you already know i have the cap! :p

ill prolly be there, i already committed to painting K's car.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Oct 20 2003, 10:18 PM-->
Green92HatchDX
@Oct 20 2003, 08:50 AM
if its too cold i wont be there. :lol: but i dont think im going to make it anyway.

This weekend, we get to move our clocks back an hour. So that's an extra hour of sleep! And about the cold, wear a sweater and a cap. You're a wussy if you don't show up.

:D

i hate fall behind. working 9 hours and getting paid for 8 blows

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 21 2003, 03:49 AM
i hate fall behind. working 9 hours and getting paid for 8 blows

But in the spring with the last time change, didn't you get paid 8 hours for 7 hours work?

So guys... if we are going out Saturday night to barhop, play pool and shoot darts, what are the odds that we will make it to autocross on Sunday morning? lol. :lol:

I'm just wondering, as I still need to put my front passenger seat back into my car. Not to mention also hauling my Azenis out of my basement. *sigh*

There will be plenty of time...hehe...I 'll wake everyone up with the friggen alarm clock that wakes me up...and if it can wake me up, then it should wake the dead.........

I won't be going, as I worked too much and didn't get a chance to touch my car all week. I might come down to watch for a little on Sunday, Ill probably be in the truck.

Okay. Front passenger seat and Azenis in the car. Extra shit cleaned out. No spare, most floor mats out. Floor jack in. Helmet, overnight bag and pillow in. Dog in. lol.

im crashing early tonight.... i'll most likely be there in the 240....

If we wake up and see any sign of rain.....were going to make sunday a garage day....last time it was too wet, and I almost cought a friggen cold, and all of my good tools started to rust.....and I think our helmet issue didn't get solved...so we only have one helmet....Martine's...and I don't think she would like everyone using it...hehe

I'm out. Left for Englishtown at 5:45 a.m. yesterday and got home arount 8:00 p.m. Plus I got spanked pretty good by some very nicely tricked out STS cars and some very good drivers. It was a great experience.

There were ten cars in my class, including two RSX Type Ss, a Teg GSR, a Dodge Neon R/T, an older Integra (LS?), two Toyota Celica GTs, a Ford Probe GT, a Honda Civic Si, and my Teg RS. All cars had the either Azenis, BF Goodrich or Kumho tires and suspension mods to match. A very competitive field.

I'm humbled to say I came in 7th in the morning event (0.9 seconds out of third), and 6th in the afternoon (0.5 seconds out of third). (They botched up the afternoon results and they won't be posted.) First place was slightly over 2 seconds faster than me, and I believe second place was 1+ seconds faster (I didn't write them down - should have). Both 1st and 2nd place drivers were quite good.

The first place finisher was exceptionally fast, finishing 10th overall (out of 119 cars!) - he even beat CART's Brian Moran in the blue Vette (Brian came in 11th overall). To give you an idea of the competitiveness of STS, the top seven finishers were in the top 17 places in the PAX results (I was 17th) - again, out of 119 cars. (Some people take PAX with a grain of salt....)

All in all, it was a great time. The parking lot was very smooth - especially compared to Bristol! And the course layout was very different from CART's repetitive scheme. We even had a nice long slalom - something CART never has.

Anyway, that's all the news from the Englishtown tri-state. I'm thinking about Waterbury....

Chip

Well, we woke up late, looked out the window, saw a wet ground....and went back to bed....so now we are awake...and about to go get breakfast...then spend the rest of the day in the garage....come join us if you can turn a screw....today is wire day.....call Martines cell for directions to meh garage...

I got a family function starting at about noon that I can't miss (that's why I was comtemplating doing just one run at Bristol). Otherwise, I'd like to stop by.

You guys planning on Waterbury next week?

C.

well, you guys didn't miss shit.

11:30 run #1. kinda dry. course was consfusing as shit. 3 huge cricles, using a new piece and repeating a piece of the track the next lap, then going back around...

bill ran a 55.xxx and had FTD as of first run :)
i drifted my way to a 69/xxxx lol

1pm. run #2. rainy. timing light broke for 30 min... dennis ran a 63.xxx i got anothetr drift happy 69.xxx bill did another 55, but hit a cone at the very end.
then, the feiro broke.... for like an hour. we jsut packed it up and went home. rainy and cold... no one was relaly having fun.

ohh well... see ya at the snowtocross :)

here's the lame pics i took... lol

DSC00490.JPG

DSC00491.JPG

DSC00492.JPG

DSC00493.JPG

DSC00494.JPG

DSC00495.JPG

DSC00496.JPG

DSC00497.JPG

DSC00498.JPG

DSC00499.JPG

DSC00500.JPG