ODB 0 B16a to OBD 1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drpenguin

I have a OBD0 b16 in my rex at the moment. I want to convert it to OBD 1 so i can use a hondata or uberdata system. Right now i have a pr3 ecu and I was wondering what ECU should i get? Someone told me a p28 or p30 or something like that? I have the dizzy and the extra O2 sensor, now i just need a ecu. is there anything else i might need? Someone said something about a new distributor and injectors?

You need an OBD1 or OBD2 distributor, a 4-wire O2 sensor, an OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness, and a P30 or P28 ecu.

Your OBD0 injectors are just fine.

obd0 injectors run off a different style than obd1 and 2. Peak and hold vs saturated thats what the resistor box is for, so youll need new injectors.

Originally posted by b16efhatch@May 19 2005, 10:42 PM
obd0 injectors run off a different style than obd1 and 2. Peak and hold vs saturated thats what the resistor box is for, so youll need new injectors.
[post=501509]Quoted post[/post]​

Keep your OBD0 injectors. Leave the resistor box in place.

FYI, our harnesses have converted hundreds of OBD0 cars.

:werd: no need to change the injectors out so long as you keep the resitor box in.

thats why when obd1 guys put dsm 450s (p/h) in thier saturated vehicle, they need to add a resitor box.

Quoted post[/post]]
how difficult is the wiring process?
i'm coverting to obd1 as we speak. The main thing is to get a coversion harness. While your at it pick up a harness for your dizzy also. it's like 30 bucks shipped . I'm prolly gonna make my own though. Any way everyone here is right. you can keep your obd0 injectors. however if for some reason you wish to use obd1 injectors you have to get rid of the resistor box.

Go to my topic and you'll be Able to d-laod the instructions. By the way dont forget to thank ripperbone for posting it up :)

Back