odb0 vs obd1 parts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

^crx^

hello

im going for hondata to a boosted b16. and im wondering if i should just buy a obd1 ecu and conversion wire?

or go for new obd1 distrubitor, o2 sensors and make a new wiring?

and what ecu should i go for?

if you move to an obd1 ecu, you will need the dizzy as well. the pulse width are different between obd0 and 1/2. you cannt mix-match.

if you're going to do it...

go for an obd1 p28 ecu
obd0->1 jumper
obd1 dizzy

if you change out your injectors- becareful of the saturated vs peak/hold conflict. obd0 = peak hold w/ resistor box. obd1 = saturated without. make sure you wire appropriately.

on top of all that, if you have a dx model instead of an hf/si, you will need to do some of the dpfi/mpfi conversion stuff.

say what? my hondata delar told me that i did not need to get a new dizzy. so tnx for the info! :)

well i need new injectors, would it be best to go obd1 there too? or is it the same?

It depends on the route you pick. First what car do you have right now? If you use a conversion harness you parts need to stay obd0 and you will use a obd1 ecu. If you rewire you car then you will use obd1 parts.

i have a 89 crx with a b16a1 swap...

what obd1 sensors and shit are we talking about that i need to replace?

i got a deal on a chiped p28 ecu. lowerd vtec to 4500 and redline @ 8900

would this be any good to use on a boosted hondata? could i change the vtec engament and redline with the hondata?

Originally posted by ^crx^@Jan 31 2005, 03:13 PM
say what? my hondata delar told me that i did not need to get a new dizzy. so tnx for the info! :)

well i need new injectors, would it be best to go obd1 there too? or is it the same?
[post=453919]Quoted post[/post]​

If you have the OBD0 distributor, Tell him that he is wrong. You will need the OBD1/2 distributor to run the OBD1 ecu.

You will need the OBD1 ecu, OBD1/2 distributor, OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness and the 4 wire O2 sensor(not needed if you want to stay in open loop). The OBD1 injectors are optional as pistoffsol said.

Jason

Originally posted by ^crx^@Feb 6 2005, 03:55 PM
i got a deal on a chiped p28 ecu. lowerd vtec to 4500 and redline @ 8900

would this be any good to use on a boosted hondata? could i change the vtec engament and redline with the hondata?
[post=457151]Quoted post[/post]​

wow.. sounds like you need to research more...

yeah, it came out wrong :) the skunk chip have to go out when i get hondata. im going to odb convert firsth, then play with itb and then turbo.

is dsm black top satured or P&H?

Back