Odometer adjustment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5genracer

I am looking at buying a Si or Ex cluster for my 98 hatch. I have 51K miles on the car, but the cluster I am looking at has less. Can I buy a cluster with fewer miles on it than my car, and turn the odometer up to read the correct mileage? Or, can I turn the mileage back, so that it reads the correct mileage for my car? It sounds bad, I know, but I can't think of anything else to do. NOTE: I do not have my original cluster anymore, but I have a pic of the correct mileage.

well thats fraud. You just take out your speedometer part and put it in the new cluster. I know in my 95 it is 3 screws and ur done.

if your concerned just swap out the mileage reading part of the odometer, like stated above.

Yeah, but the trouble is I don't have the original cluster for my car, however I do know the exact mileage on the car before I took out the cluster. I haven't driven the car since then. Also, the cluster I picked up has 43 more miles on it than the actual miles on my car, so I think that it will be OK. If there was less miles on it, I don't think that I would buy it.

I'm not trying to do anything illegal here, just want a tach in my car.

it is leagal to change your cluster- provided you go to the dmv and document it, and get a sticker from them.

rolling back = fraud even if its not your cluster.

Back