1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odometer Question

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Luded, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Luded

Luded Member

Lets say you got a new gauge cluster from Honda are you allowed to use the odometer in it that's at 0000000 miles or do you havta use your odometer? and also is there a way to hook 2 odometers up at once? like maybe if you could cut and splice the original wires and run it to both so your orig and new one is still working? I'm just seeing if their are ways to start fresh on the odometer with a motor swap. thanks

2. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

you can use whaever you want... but buy some vasoline after you ge out of the dealership. hey will give it to you in the price of a guage cluster. Just keep the same one and write down the miles. r if you ned a new cluster ebay or on forums always has some sort f clusters for sale.

3. Luded

Luded Member

thanks but didnt really answer my questions. does any one else have any ideas on what i can do?

4. VTECin5th

VTECin5th Administrator

What car is it?
    You can use any cluster you want to, and set it to any mileage you want to. [in Arizona anyways]
    No, hooking up two clusters would be retarded.
    Take out old cluster->
    Put in 0000000 cluster->
    To find out mileage on chassis, just add the new cluster's mileage to the old cluster's mileage.
    I just remembered when i did mine, my odometer said 125,555 now it says 130,4xx
    (The motor had 87k on it when i got it.)

5. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

:werd:

Just swap odometer sections.

6. Luded

Luded Member

if i change the odometer with a lower mileage ones or put a 0000000 odometer in doesnt that classify as odometer fraud if i ever went to sell the car? What i want to do is to find out a way to have 00000000 odometer for the new motor and not be in any violation of fraud.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted