Off centered piston...WTF?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
i don't understand how it can be off center??? is it on backwards?? or is the rod on the crank backwards?

sounds like a fucked up piston to me...
damn, that sucks man

if you are in that much of a rush you could probably dremel the piston, but thats something i would do so you might want to rethink it...

i don't normally advise people to do shit i would do...

the only way that could happen, would be a bent rod....

and i sent the cam with some battery life left-- surely enough to snap 2 pics :p

THATS A FREAKIN BENT ROD! ITS OBVIOUS, YOU CAN SEE IT? AND WHO PUT IT TOGETHER?

Their freaking retarted!

does that rod look untrue to anyone else besides me?

those are stock pistons?
i thought maybe they were aftermarket knock offs that could have an error in their making...

another fine cali engine builder :happy:

sorry, i'll keep my mouth shut...

When I said 'bent' rod, I meant twisted...

gallery_18495_48_112290.jpg

and from that image, I'm sticking with the problem being in the rod.

Swap the piston over to another rod, and that rod over to another piston, and install them in the block. If the other piston is off-center, it's the rod. If the same piston is still off center, it's the piston.

i'd bring it back to the orig shop. demnad that they fix it for free.

if they don't bad mouth them all over the domestic board.

he should have seen that, called you, and said hey- something is up.

:werd:

my vote is gonna go to the piston being not right

what rods are they? stockers?

Quoted post[/post]]
if the rods havent changed its gotta be the piston then.

I don't agree.... If the piston were bent/warped then how would it go into a Perfectly Cylinder hole and not be a tight squeeze especially with the rings. If they are what the appear to be as stock cast pistons then im pretty sure they would crack or break before they would alter by bending or warping.

Just my .02

Quoted post[/post]]
Indeed they are not. They are cast, but they're Nippon Racing pistons not OEM Honda pistons. The Nippon pistons are suppposed to be able to handle up to 300hp.

And I'm not thinking that the piston is warped, I'm thinking incorrectly cast and/or machined in some way. I'm going to be able to drop it off on Monday to hopefully find out what's going on.

That helps sum it up...

Back