Off The Topic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

when i had broken up with my girl, i got into the best shape of my life. when i felt a little sad or angry about the breakup i went to the gym, no matter what time of day it was.(one of the benefits of 24Hour Fitness)
going to the gym is the perfect way to get over it cuz you're not wasting any money, you're getting into shape, keeps your mind off of the whole situation and it lets you release some stress.

all the above suggestions people gave are good but for me the gym is the best thing.

Dude i feel ya. Ive been datin the same girl for almost 1 1/2 years. I know that doesnt compare to your amount of time but still... I just broke up w/ her 2 weeks ago for the exact same reason y u broke up w/ urs and i still feel kinda guilty. But now I feel a lil better now cuz now i have more chances and time go out w/ other buddies and do what i want to do whenever. And of cource it means more quality time w/ ur car now. Broes before hoes, i now learned that. Dont sweat it too hard. Cuz if u lost the feelings then it wasnt meant to be right...

Man, i hate to go against public opinion here, but i had a friend who did that exact same thing last summer. He broke it off with his gf of a year and a half, almost 2, to get some variety. he got with a few girls over the summer, but realized how much he missed his ex and got back with her. He has never been happier, but he is no longer deckin out his lude which saddens me.

man, I wish I knew what it was like to be single sometimes....

Been with my girl for about a year and 8 months.... She pays the rent, the phone, the cable, the DSL. I jsut buy food and pay when we go out to eat, and she STRONGLY supports be building up my Honda.

Go Heather :)

yeah yeah yeah... the saturd was her fault, not mine... She's had it for two years now and it STILL nearly $4k upside down on the damn thing.

one zexy crx Posted on Apr 8 2003, 02:34 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pics?

Of what??!?!!??

rsaeini Posted on Apr 8 2003, 03:39 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
when i had broken up with my girl, i got into the best shape of my life. when i felt a little sad or angry about the breakup i went to the gym, no matter what time of day it was.(one of the benefits of 24Hour Fitness)
going to the gym is the perfect way to get over it cuz you're not wasting any money, you're getting into shape, keeps your mind off of the whole situation and it lets you release some stress.

all the above suggestions people gave are good but for me the gym is the best thing.

Yeah that does sound like a great idea!!

well man...i'm sure by now you've picked up all the advice you need, but i gotta put my $0.02 in!

dated a girl for around 9 months (nowhere near what you had) but regardless it was hard. funny thing was...i had paid for us to go to vegas for a week. treasure island + airfare and all that...broke up the night before!!! needless to say i went by myself....nothing like a week in vegas to get over someone!!!! it was still pretty hard once i got back to reality...what helps me (not just with situatios like this, but anything that's stressful or hard to swallow) is music!! it's almost impossible to stay busy and keep your mind straight all day long. here are some good songs to help you deal:

puddle of mudd - she hates me
new found glory - my friends over you *best bros before hoes song ever*
linkin park - numb & easier to run *both off of meteora*
bowling for soup - the bitch song & emily
the used - on my own, the taste of ink, & buried myself alive
finally a mellow one to help "rationalize"....duh, duh, duh
familiar 48 - endings

put these on a cd and lable "FH" which has two meanings.....depending on your mood:
:D "forget her" or :angry: "fuck her"

hope that helps man!! if all else fails....hit the strip club with your homies!!! JUST DON'T GO BACK!!!! :ph34r:

good luck!!!!

Another good song is off Godsmack's new album... it brings a new light into your relationship... it's titled I Fuckign Hate you. You'll have to listen to it to understand.

liquid00meth Posted on Apr 11 2003, 12:37 PM
...I do know one thing though,
Bitches they come they go...

-Eminem

true! B)

I'm feeling a little better (btw thanks guys) it hasn't even been a week yet, but I do feel a little less guilty. I've been goin out, went to a concert on tuesday and unleashed the fury in the pit like mutha fucker!!!! That felt GREAT!!! Going to a club with a hottie and couple of her friends tomorrow night, gonna have a blast!!!!!

You guys helped, gave me some insight, some ideas and what not!

Talking to strangers does help!!!! :p

Originally posted by B18cRfreak@Apr 11 2003, 05:32 PM
Going to a club with a hottie and couple of her friends tomorrow night, gonna have a blast!!!!!

Suddenly I've lost all sympathy for you!! :p

Congrats on the new booty man...good luck!! :beer:

Thanks... wasn't really looking for sympathy though, and, she's just a friend. Maybe down the line she'll be a friend with benifits!!!! :p

friends with benefits are great, just dont get attatched, and if you think she's getting attatched to you, ditch her. I've been dating hte same girl for a year, we broke up once, but got back together. relationships are gay, i hate them, girls suck ass!! but i do love my girl :p...i have extreamly conflicting views on relationships. Life would be way easier without them, but it'd be sort of empty.

Well breaking up is a very hard thing..

Been with my girl for almost 2 1/2 years and I cant quite imagine life without her...and honestly I dont mind the cash drain. Having a companion in life is something that is priceless...perhaps your girl wasnt the one. But I wouldnt say never....cause you never know. Maybe down the road you two will bump in to each other, and who knows what will happen..

As for me, I am extremely happy with my girl. And her being asian sure dousnt hurt :D :p :D

Good luck man.

Originally posted by Blanco@Apr 13 2003, 08:48 AM
People don't really fall out of love, per se, it's more that they grow and forget to grow together. Love is hardwork, but I'm glad I've put in my work.

first post? . . . dude gotta start postin more, i don't know if we have a new swap god here but maybe a hondaswap shrink ? ? ? :blink:

Back