Off to Boot Camp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

glad to hear he's doing okay :thumbsup:

i got my MOS yesterday, and got a ship date
fort jackson and im a 13m...MLRS (multiple launch rocket system operator)..shooting ballistic missiles out of rocket boxes...w00t

damn i didnt get that letter yet from him. I hope it didnt get lost in the mail. Glad to hear hes doing well. And good luck to you lowandslow. I will let you guys know when i get that letter ill post it too.

Originally posted by lowandslow@Jul 9 2004, 03:19 PM
glad to hear he's doing okay :thumbsup:

i got my MOS yesterday, and got a ship date
fort jackson and im a 13m...MLRS (multiple launch rocket system operator)..shooting ballistic missiles out of rocket boxes...w00t

thats a badass assignment, blow some bishes up! lol

all i did for the last 4 years was fix tanks...glad im out in 40 days

im looking forward to boot camp, oddly enough. 4 years military would do me better than 4 years of college.

yea, i was stoked when i came across that job..and a $7000 sign on bonus..hell yea

but, with my MOS and allbottledup's MOS...not too many civilian jobs out their for fixing tanks or firing ballistics; and i dont intend on going career

Your looking at it the wrong way...by my job i am experienced in mechanical work on turbine and diesel engine, hydrualic systems and electronics. Youll learn alot of good shit. When I wrote a resume a few weeks ago. I labeled myself as a manager incharge of 40 government employees and in charge of 45 million in government equiptment. You have to change all the military things you learn in to normal everyday language.

^^

absolutely, im not worried about transitioning. but when im done my 4 years of shooting patriot and ballistic missiles, im still gonna want to blow shit up, u know. but ur absolutely right, the discipline and responsibility are huge, employers love that.

so ur out in 40 days, what are u looking to do?

hopefully something with cars but first im taking a month or so off and just relaxing. Me and my wife are going to take are long awaited honeymoon and im gonna just kick my feet up. Then well see where it goes from there. Im thinking about taking a job at Philidelphia airport working on jetliners. same engine as in the tank so got plenty of experience.

there ya go man, some real time off after 4 years will feel nice. and i assume working on jetliners at a major airport will gross some pretty good pay. good luck with everything bro

thanks man...yeah i believe that it starts aroune 75 to 80k a year...good imporvment over this pay.. Then i will be able to start and sink some real money into the hatch.

Just got the letter from Dustin...here it goes:
Dear Russ,
This is Dustin, Senate from Hondaswap. Im here at boot camp now, were on T-14 and its going by fast. Our platoon is pretty big. We have 89 Recruits. I wrote to you and SpodaB1, but couldnt remember which one of you is a Marine. I was thinking its your but wasnt sure.
Well just thought Id let you know stuff's going good here. We did the confidence course yesterday. I didnt make it through everything, but oh well. We are getting ready fo initail drill on Saturday. It looks as though we will be taking 1st because out of the whole company, we only have competition with one other platoon, and we are better than them. We are drilling without diddys, but they are still using them and cant get stuff right. We will also be heading up to pendelton next saturday so hopefuly that will be cool. Most of the 3rd phase recruits say that Pendelton goes by fast. So hopefully I will be outta here in no time. I really hated it at first, but now Im getting really into it. The DI dont bother me, and Ive only been ITed three times. Thats alot less than alot of guys. Well I gotta goto sleep. I actually get to sleep all 8 hours cause Im a scribe and dont have to do firewatch, so thats cool, and I get to hook up the other 3 guys I came with too. Now I got the whiskey lockers guys trying to make deals with me to not be on firewatch. They said to tell them what I want out of there and theyll get it for me. This job is pretty cool. Well tell all the guys at HS I said whats up. Anything new happening on there? Did B ever get his car running again? Well heres my address if you or anyone there wants to write, or maybe send some pics at cars, ya know for motivation.
Rec. Michelson, Dustin
3rd BN, Lima Co., PLT 3097
39000 Midway Ave.
San Diego, CA 92140-3097

Well im glad to see him doing well Im gonna write him back tonight. If anyone wants me to throw something in there for them let me know and I will add it in.

Back