offical Fiesta Bowl Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
OMGHI2UWNTTOBBQSOONERS!!

fuck me running, but that was the best football game I've EVER seen!

this proves we need a playoff system. Boise St went 13-0, Beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta bowl, beat Oregon St (who beat US&C, Nice-a!) and they won't play for the national title even though if Florida wins next week Boise St will be the ONLY undefeated team in Div-1A

Discuss

PS: ultra nerd sports haters click the back button

its all about the Gator bowl. WVU came back hard in the 2nd half. wanna see a good footbal game?

this season, WVU vs Rutgers. 3OT
or last year, WVU vs Louisville. 3OT

and we won both of those :) im just dissapointed that we lost to SF, that shouldnt have happened.

Last edited:
Did you guys see the ass kicking USC gave Michigan? Well, a second half ass kicking lol My girlfriend took her mom and grandmother to the Rose Parade yesterday and filmed it for me since I stayed home to watch our son and her 2 little brothers. Anyway, on the video she was sitting next to some Michigan people and they were all talking shit about USC and how they got shafted out of the BCS title game, ect...lol my girl is a UCLA fan so she could care less...
anyway, I just found the video funny because they sat there talking shit for a good 45 minutes and got their ass kicked...too bad... BCS play-off FTMFW!!!

yup if yesterday proved ANYTHING it's that we need a playoff

just wait until Florida's speed on Defense shuts down Ohio St...

the WVU game was definately the best game of the weekend. I turned it on when GT kicked that onside kick while they were up 34-something. I thought the game was over, but damn that WVU qb can run..

Dan Marino has been sayin that thats what Atlanta should do with Vick, no real rb cept him. I wonder if that would work. Anywho, great game but that wvu qb will NOT last long doin shit like that tho..

Usc will be #1 alllllll next year. :D

i'm down for a playoff. if a team with fucking blue astro turf can go undefeated and beat some very good teams, something is wrong. i love boise state because they are always the underdog. they would have been ranked in the top 3 if they were an east coast team. just like how louisville, WVU, and Rutgers were all ranked. it's because the writers and coaches have an east coast bias.

Div. 1 playoffs FTW. but it won't happen. The bcs just signed a 4 year extension a couple months ago.

...east coast bias, when USC and UCLA have been on top in the past years and Notre Damne is always up top...

UCLA does poorly in the voting, last year was an exception

USC is the most dominat team in so far this century, & they've produced half of the Heisman winners (palmer, lienhert, bush). Jarret and Smith are the best 1/2 reciever punch in California football, including the Chargers and 49ers. They can't be denied.

But there is a Bias, especially with the SEC

big ten always gets favored to. they have all the "great rivalries". fuck the sportswriters and "experts". take the top 8 teams and let them figure it out. all college football is is training camp for the NFL. lets find the people who can play under pressure and in the spotlight.

Oh yeah that was a bad ass game. Boise St. is in the same boat the U. of Utah was in, in 2005. The west coast teams get no love. The non-BCS confrence teams always pull a short straw when it comes to bowl selections. If they put Boise St. in the top 6 spots of the BCS rankings next year and they have another season like this. They will be playing in the top 2 bowls guarenteed.

But we really do need a playoff system for D1 football. I mean D3 and D2 schools have a playoff system. Hell D1 basketball has a playoff system why not football? It sucks for the really talented underdog schools that deserve a shot. But the BCS plays favorites to certain teams and confrences. With a playoff system it will eliminate this and place the true #1 & #2 teams together.

GO UTES

big ten always gets favored to. they have all the "great rivalries". fuck the sportswriters and "experts". take the top 8 teams and let them figure it out. all college football is is training camp for the NFL. lets find the people who can play under pressure and in the spotlight.

I say 16 teams, and you're right a playoff system would be a better way to showcase NFL potential

Back