*OFFICIAL* 08-09 NFL Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Favre played pretty well I thought. But what about..

Tom Brady injured after the first quarter? Maybe out for the year?

And where the hell did Turner come from?

Weird week.

Favre played pretty well I thought. But what about..

Tom Brady injured after the first quarter? Maybe out for the year?

And where the hell did Turner come from?

Weird week.
Very weird week... and yeah, Brady is done for the season.

IMO, Farve only played good because he went against the Dolphins defense. If he went up against a better defense his underthrown td pass and his wobbly duck hail mary td pass would have both been picked off. I hope he does well the entire season though. He's my fav QB aside from troy Aikman and Michael Vick :ph34r:

Dveit, you wanna get in the game? You'll just be a week behind...

Yeah but I originally picked NY and I always tell myself NOT to second guess myself. The one time I do, I fuck it up... i'm an idiot :(

and you are not winning, I am :D :fuckyou2:
you have to beat me first and so far im on a good start

i am loving tonights games
vikes vs the fudgepackers
raiders vs the donkeys

of course i took Miin over GB and I had to pick the Raiders over the bronc's

im looking foward to see the Russell, McFadden era start.

and Adrian Peterson is one bad ass mofo for the vikes

yeah he's bad ass. If he works on his hands and becomes more efficient at catching balls out the backfield, he's gonna become way more dangerous than LaDanian Tomlinson...

Damn TRaider fan :p

son of a bitch, i cant believe the radiers let denver hand them their ass. what a ass whooping.

damn it I was in the lead now im tied with 5 other people. son of bitch.

i guess i might have to jump on the bandwagon and support the nfl team everyone likes out here in oklahoma, they look like the team to beat

wtf... I thought I made the same picks I did on my other board. I went 11-5 there, and 10-6 here. haha

i guess i might have to jump on the bandwagon and support the nfl team everyone likes out here in oklahoma, they look like the team to beat
That's right!!! Dallas FTW, bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

wtf... I thought I made the same picks I did on my other board. I went 11-5 there, and 10-6 here. haha
lol dumb ass. Pay attention more. You still did better than me though :(

everyone did pretty much the same..
Yeah but when I do worse than the people who just 'guess' it makes me feel like a complete retard :mad:

I guess based off the big teams from last year.

For example... obviously, Miami is better this year than last... but that doesn't mean I'm going to pick them to win.

Indy, Jax, NE, Dallas and Chicago are the big dawgs this year.

Indy, Jax, NE, Dallas and Chicago are the big dawgs this year.
I wouldn't count out Pittsburg, New Orleans and Atlanta. Pittsburg is in probably the weakest division in the league and they are now healthy. New Orleans has a scary offense once they start clicking a bit more. Atlanta is a young talented team who has nothing to lose, which means they'll risk trying to pull off big plays which could end up paying off in most games.

Everyone also has high hopes for Cleveland this year. On paper, they have TONS of talent on the offensive side and their defense isn't too bad either. It's just that Dallas (the superbowl winners this year :D :p) had to make them look silly :)

Pittsburgh does have a weak division especially now with Brady injured. I don't see why everyone has high hopes for Cleveland. Even if they do look good on paper, it doesn't mean it will be on the field lol.. I guess we will find out Sunday night when the Steelers play the Browns.

I wouldn't count out Pittsburg, New Orleans and Atlanta. Pittsburg is in probably the weakest division in the league and they are now healthy. New Orleans has a scary offense once they start clicking a bit more. Atlanta is a young talented team who has nothing to lose, which means they'll risk trying to pull off big plays which could end up paying off in most games.

Everyone also has high hopes for Cleveland this year. On paper, they have TONS of talent on the offensive side and their defense isn't too bad either. It's just that Dallas (the superbowl winners this year :D :p) had to make them look silly :)

Well yeah, there are a shitton of badass teams this year... but those are still some of the top of the league teams. Pittsburgh, ATL, NO and hell even Baltimore are better, but pretty soon a hurricane will wipe out the entire south anyway.

That's right!!! Dallas FTW, bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
I was waiting to see what you would say

Yeah but when I do worse than the people who just 'guess' it makes me feel like a complete retard :mad:
bet it sucks for you when my wife (who doesnt even watch football or really even know all the teams) picked better than you did. LOL:D

Very weird week... and yeah, Brady is done for the season.

IMO, Farve only played good because he went against the Dolphins defense. If he went up against a better defense his underthrown td pass and his wobbly duck hail mary td pass would have both been picked off. I hope he does well the entire season though. He's my fav QB aside from troy Aikman and Michael Vick :ph34r:

Dveit, you wanna get in the game? You'll just be a week behind...
Sorry man, I would but I'm so busy I don't really have time to follow the teams and players enough. Thanks though.

Back