Official Civic Build Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGProject

YEEEEAAHHHHH
I've had a few threads up with various updates and pics, but figured I'd throw everything together in one thing, such as klyph, Chris, Cel, and others have.

Soo...here goes.

Got the car from Jeef in September 06'. The car was in mint condition, black on black and I had to have it. "This is a lot cleaner than I thought" -
1000596ci0.jpg

1000599tb1.jpg

1000600ne0.jpg

Lol at D15B7.

The car had a ton of miles on it, but drove great and showed no real signs of serious wear and tear. Sold my white coupe and went onto bigger and better things.

img0987bh2.jpg

Over the winter and early spring I had done a good deal of work to the car.An EX cluster, Fidanza short-throw, SiR-II strut bar, RSR exhaust, test pipe, OBX header, Vision corners and Progress lowering springs were put on in short order. EG6 clear fogs were also put on shortly after. I was still rocking steelies at the time, since some theifs had helped themselves to my Rota slipstreams while my car was parked at college.

n14311617316806433071vh2.jpg

My car at an early spring meet.

I then found a complete D16Z6 Si swap for amazingly cheap money. It needed some TLC, but it was a done deal.
img1244hq4.jpg

After..
1000654lh8.jpg

About the same time I ordered a set of 15x7 Konig Heliums wrapped in 205/50/15 Dunlop rubber.
1000672up2.jpg

Much better!

I finally was able to swap in the Z6, along with some Samco hoses, IL4 clutch line, a socketed and chipped P28, ACT clutch, Cusco rad. cap, low temp thermostat and fan switch, ES mounts and a ported EX header. At the same time I fitted some clean EG6 JDM corners, replacing the played out amber corners.
img0113ka1.jpg

A major suspension overhaul was in order, so Ksport LCAs, a GSR rear bar, Blox endlinks and KYB GR-2 shocks replaced the tired struts. Inside, a Type R rear strut bar was also installed.
img0012mk0.jpg

On the interior side of things, I went all JDM. And EG6 steering wheel, Type R knob, armrest console, coin pocket and foglight switch bezel were all installed.
img0010vr0.jpg

Coin pocket and switch bezel were not installed when the pic was taken.
img0112cz1.jpg

On the outside, nothing major, other than an antennae block off plate and a JDM 'Coupe' badge. I also removed the peeling and unsightly CIVIC DX sticker on the back of the trunk.
img0004hd0.jpg

And basically I ended the summer with those mods. I haven't done much else over the winter, other than redoing my VTEC harness, a slight wire tuck and a new distributor. A BDL fuel rail was also installed, in the anticipation of more power this spring.
img0529pl6.jpg

15" steelies with Yoko Iceguard tires are helping me get through the snow this winter..and thats about it.
img0526pp6.jpg

I a lot of things waiting to go on this spring and a lot of other things planned.

Stay tuned!

looks good man.:thumbsup: id like to see it a bit lower tho. still sits way to high i think...but thats just me.

the z6 looks pretty... do you have more pics of it sitting in the car? the only one that looks like it is the pic with an off-yellow valve cover. is that just a bad picture? i love how clean you were able to get the d16z6... me likey! :popcorn:

Looking damn good. I miss that car, the only problem I had with it was when it was my brothers car and the clutch slave cylinder went out on our way to look at a new truck for him. The only thing I didn't like about the car was no a/c but it was a good car.
Did you get the back bumper scuffs to buff out? One side got it from a drunk and the other my neighbor hit.
I like your progress on it and good luck with the build.

Did you sell the white coupe with the wheels, or did you keep them ?

Unfortunately, I sold the white car when I bought this one. Sadly it met a horrible fate.
Some young kid bought it from me, and I assumed he was gonna keep building it up. Instead he used it as day to day transportation, and drove it into the ground. Long story short, he got in an accident with the car, a friend of mine bought it - stripped all the parts and had the body trucked away on a flatbed. The car was promptly crushed.

Turns out the kid I sold it to never changed the oil, replaced some of the interior with tan peices, cut up my $700 5Ziggen exhaust, put on ghetto white twin blade wiper blades. Somehow a gay sunpro tach was installed, and he blew both rear AGX's. The worst part is that the Omni rear LCAs went with the car to the scrapyard.

:(

But I'm pretty happy with the way the new car is. It's getting a little more aggressive drop this spring, and my old black wheels.

Thanks for the input.

Rep for HONE man! I always liked your car, so fresh n so clean. Wheels make it look that much better too. You gonna be sticking with the D? but good luck with it and keep it looking clean.

EDIT:forgot to ask why did you switch back to an EX manifold instead of keeping the header?

My plan this summer is to FINALLY get to the manual swap for my car. haha found a 95 civic ex as a donor at a local (AKA hole-in-the-wall) junk yard that hes gonna hold aside for me. Im gonna take the engine and tranny. Might even take the whole car, not sure.

Last edited:
Hehe, another HONE'er.

The reason why I ditched the OBX was because it leaked like a bastard and kill all my low end power. Looking to switch to a 4-1 header if I stay D and N/A.

i wish i knew you wanted a stock manifold cuz i got rid of my EX mani(tubular style). I woulda given it too you cheap, but now my header is leaking like a B*tch right now too. i need a new gasket for it.

Loving this one. I'm planning to get the same car if or get the hatchback.

You cleaned the d16 up real good- Kudos! One question:
how come the cover isn't orange like it is in the earlier pics?

Hope you're having fun with this. Good luck with the future on this.

I repainted the cover when I dropped a set of pliers on it and scratched it to hell. :eek:

I loved the color, but it didn't match anything on the car. The current color is black, but future plans include a wrinkle-red treatment.

Recent pic of my car at a HONE meet yesterday. Chris was there too - and in the picture.
img0583vm0.jpg

Thanks for the input guys - I really enjoy having a car that people compliment. My old car was not a looker, and I couldn't actually spend time cleaning it and make it worth my while.

Hopefully this summer she'll get a respray. Java Black Pearl anyone?

i would paint the lcas. they draw unwanted ricer attention from behind. plus cops think "racer".

Eh, you can't see them much from behind unless you are below me on a hill, or on a skateboard. Plus, it makes me stand out more from the typical omni or S2 crowd. Ideally I'd love a set of mint Function 7's, but they are really expensive.

Indeed it was. Over 15 cars made it out. Cali ain't got nothin on us. :D

Not even snow and rain can keep us away. Hard parkin' FTW.

Back