Official Civic Build Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Some updates...

Had to replace the remanned distributor with another new one since I've been throwing a crank angle sensor code since I did the swap. Car runs 100% better now.

Just rolled over 193k today, and other than a few minor things, she is still running strong. A quick to-do list for the spring...

-New clutch slave cyl
-Tie rod ends
-Calipers/rotors
-Move amp to under passenger side seat and rewire rear speakers
-Apexi WS2...

Where? Isn't that a newer Civic next to him on the left?

I think he was talking about something that happened at the meet.

Yes? No? Maybe?

Anyways, to the OP: Nice clean ride man! Keep it up!

Picked up a set of Eibach Sportlines for $40. So, my set of Progress's will be for sale soon. Additionally, the spring is imminent. I also picked up a used HKS megaflow filter element. Car will be back in shape very soon for the summer season.

So...cleaned the engine bay today, and repainted the VC....hope everyone approves. :D

img0714zl3.jpg

fo sho. looks great! watch where those spark plug wires droop, and cant wait to see a nice header on there, or turbo.

I would block-sand the lettering on the VC. Not hard to do, and adds a nice contrast on the lettering.

fo sho. looks great! watch where those spark plug wires droop, and cant wait to see a nice header on there, or turbo.

Holy long-ass plug wires Batman! :D

Nah, seriously though, looks really good man...

It looks like he needs to swap #1 and #2.

Nice build. Keep it up and you'll have another money pit in no time! (Unfortunately I'm in the same boat.)

A few smaller updates. Redid some gaskets, seals and the like - got a good deal on a slightly used DC Sports SS header, and replaced the original crappy plug wires with some new Honda OE ones (not shown in pic).
img0911nb0.jpg

I also made a new addition to the back of my car....

img0949ey0.jpg

I have an ACT clutch kit and flywheel on order, as the clutch I replaced when I swapped the Z6 is starting to show its weaknesses.

Recent pic of my car and a few others at a local meet.

stuff069fz1.jpg

Last edited:
i got one of those pedobear stickers too :)

looks great chris!

Looks good, it makes me wish I did something with the car when I had it. I wish i didn't sell it.

Hehe, i know, I had that feeling with my white car. If I had the room, I would've kept the white car as a project and made the black one my DD. Still, it was a hell of a find - and I'm glad you sold it Jeff. 201k on the clock and still drives 460+ miles a week no problem.

Back