Official Fishing thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Got a couple more recent pics of the boat out on the water... Had her out half a dozen times now, running great. Got it up to 47mph on GPS, now that it has the right prop. Lots of fun in this little boat :D

Finally got to go offshore and do some fishing yesterday. Lost a nice cobia in the morning, after a long fight, which really pissed me off. It got rough, so I started trolling... got the cuda first, and then a couple dolphin. Theres not much better than some deep fried dolphin nuggets :D

Heck Ya! Love Mahi Mahi.

I caught a bunch of trout last week lake fishing. 5 of us limited out in about 3 hours.

Where are you guys at with some fish pictures? Airjockie!

Here a couple highlights from some freshwater fishing i did this week...

nice healthy 3lb bass

This is a mayan cichlid, one of the many exotic species you may catch in south fl, they fight very hard on ultralight tackle and are pretty damn mean. This one was one of the biggest i have caught for sure. At least 2lbs.

this one was slightly smaller, but really pretty

Also, check out the monster jack my friend caught right off the seawall at work the other day!

I just did a 4 day weekend at a kayak fishing tourney, did shitty.

only got a few bluefish..

1368729293_angler1790_team783.JPG

1368816480_angler1790_team783.JPG

1368817354_angler1790_team783.JPG

a fluke...

1368905884_angler1790_team783.JPG

and a nice 27.5" weakfish...

1368917465_angler1790_team783.JPG

:D

They were...except the bluefish stayed in the water...

Today's little striper...

1369922888_angler1790_team783.JPG

Where did you get that? I say every year I need to get out and fish but never do it.

Those are some nice looking fish Clayton!

What kind of rig / bait / tackle are you using?

I'll be hitting up the Potomac River to troll for striper this weekend, hopefully I see some action. Probably will troll for a couple of hours and if nothing will post up and bottom fish for croaker / cats.

Supposed to be beautiful this weekend !

since I left cars...and if anyone knows what a fishing rod's price is....well.....

I went to the extreme on a few set-ups.:ph34r:

Orvis Helios 2 8-weight 9' Fly Rod, with 2 Orvis Mirage LA V's. One gold and one black. All three lines for sink rates.

Shimano Trevala rods, around 3 of them. One with a shimano Baitrunner 8000, one with a shimano stradic 5000FJ, one with a Daiwa LD40.

About 15 other rods and reels set-up.....

rigs and bait very.... from tube and worm, to plugs, lures, and flies.

Today's fish was a 30" striper on a top water plug. My first top water plug fish over 14"....it was fun.

1369996481_angler1790_team783.JPG

Took my dad trout fishing yesterday. Nothing glorious but wee caught about 30 brook trout and cut throat. Its allot of fun on 3 1/2 ft ultralite spinning rods and 3lb test line.

This is one of the brook trout

20130609_160037.jpg

I went down to the cowlitz river yesterday. Lots of little jack king's and trout. No keepers. :(

I went down to the cowlitz river yesterday. Lots of little jack king's and trout. No keepers. :(

After Sunday i went and spent $150 on fly gear getting my stuff back up to date so i can go hit some of these guys on my 8' 4-5 weight fly rod. I can wait!

If your feeling adventurous i hear the springers are running pretty good around dessert air on the Columbia

After Sunday i went and spent $150 on fly gear getting my stuff back up to date so i can go hit some of these guys on my 8' 4-5 weight fly rod. I can wait!

If your feeling adventurous i hear the springers are running pretty good around dessert air on the Columbia
Nice! I've never fly fished. I'd like to learn how. I'm just learning the basic plunking, plugging, jigging and side drifting techniques for regular salmon/steelhead now.

Yeah that's what I heard. And up at skykomish they're pretty consistent.

Nice! I've never fly fished. I'd like to learn how. I'm just learning the basic plunking, plugging, jigging and side drifting techniques for regular salmon/steelhead now.

Yeah that's what I heard. And up at skykomish they're pretty consistent.
My dad and i were going to head to the sky Friday but he is having emergency knee surgery on Thursday now...

Back