Official Fishing thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Here is the wife with a pink salmon from last week
20130811_190321.jpg

Same picture from Steelhead University. Awesome.

Hoping to go out Sat AM.

Ive been doing some fishing this summer, but not really taking many pictures. Done good on snapper a few trips, and been getting some snook here and there. Heres a couple pics at least.

I need to take a day off soon to go fishing. Working 6 days a week doesn't leave me with much time. I need to find a job with busier winters and slow summers.
There is a good supposive good fly fishing spot on the river across the street from me. I want to learn how to fly fish. Is it hard on your wrist, hands and arms?

Been catching mostly croaker and cats here in the Potomac. Now is the time that the stripers get more aggressive so I'm hoping to hook on a few more of them in the next couple of months.

Been getting in a good bit of bass fishing lately, its a good time of year for it down here. Last week caught the biggest bass ive ever caught out a kayak, but forgot to bring my phone (camera) so i have no proof! Super lame, but i did have my scale and measuring tape... it was 7lbs and 24 inches long. Hit on the end of a long cast on light tackle and had an awesome fight from the kayak.

Since i couldnt get a picture of that nice bass, ill just post this pic instead...
Stumbled across this 2001 15hp electric or pull start 2 stroke, great little motor for a great price. Now all i need a jon boat or gheenoe to put it on :D

well its 2014 now, make a new thread or keep this one going?

Anyone else been able to do any fishing yet this year? winter is my favorite time of year to bass fish in south florida. Went in the kayak twice in the last few days, caught 22 bass first trip, and 16 on the second trip to my favorite local lake. Was super stoked to land another 7 pounder in the kayak! and this time i had a camera...

Keep this thread going.

That's a beauty. Good fight?

Thanks, yeah it was an awesome fight, one of the best bass fights of my life. The hit came right after a long cast, and she annihilated it (was using a rattle trap type bait called the Xcalibur one knocker), i immediately knew it was a good fish. Gained some ground quick, but then she got pissed and started jumping and pulling the kayak once i got her within about 25ft. I was just about done for the day too, of the 16 fish i caught that morning, this was the 15th one.

maybe just change the title of this one to 2014?

i wish kayaks werent so much money i really wanna try it out

i have had this same kayak for about 8 years now, and its caught a ton of fish. I like having one because its the quickest, easiest way to get on the water. Getting a boat ready and in the water is much more of an ordeal, and then theres the cleanup afterwards. With the kayak i can just splash it in the water (any water, places not accessible any other way) and go fish for a couple hours. Plus, i enjoy paddling around, you are so close to the water, and its good exercise.

maybe just change the title of this one to 2014?

1 Man drift fishing right there. That'd be legit.

Might be going sturgeon fishing sun am down on the chehalis. And taking a fish day monday after the superbowl. Joe is talking about taking one too and hitting the cowlitz. Crossing my fingers he's hung over and does.

Back