Official Fishing thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my dad, justin , and vaughn all took off for the wynoochie and clam diggin. pretty jealous im not there

Went bass fishing this morning, it was warm and mostly cloudy which is perfect... not so perfect, the wind, that was supposed to only be 6 mph, but was more like 15. Makes effective kayak fishing much more difficult on my favorite local lake. Its a wide open body of water a mile across and 2 miles long, where wind becomes an issue quickly. Still managed to catch 11 bass and 3 gigantic bluegills, biggest bass was about 3 lbs. The wind today made me really want to get a quick and easy anchoring system set up on my kayak.

How'd they do out there? I heard it was dead.

Rivers are blown out now. :(
yea they didnt touch anyting. clam digging was good but not fishing. my guide buddy was catching fish that whole time but no one else was

More bass fishing up in central florida at lake panasoffkee. The camping was super fun, the fishing was slow, my buddy did get this one 7 pounder though. Heres a few pics, might upload some more later.

damn! that's a nice fish

dont know if this belongs here... but its going in here anyway

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/man-in-kayak-hooks-11-foot-hammerhead-shark-gets-towed-1552350320

reqtnddm8tgzirs0e3br.gif

Awesome video! I know the feeling of being towed in a kayak, but not that fast! I just went shark fishing right before my bass fishing trip and I got to fight three of them (in my boat, not kayak) on a similar big saltwater spinning setup like the guy has in the video... they were little 4-6 ft spinner sharks and they make some crazy long runs, I can only imagine an 11 footer. Even a 5lb fish has the muscle to move a kayak around.

Might try to put the yak in the water this week, tried to last two weeks but the weather and the wife's doctor appointments made me miss some big fish. This is Pascal with a very large stripped bass.
pascal.jpg

Dang @Airjockie that's a nice mooching reel.

I went fishing again last sunday. Spent from 6-4 on the river in the mist. Nothing. Only saw 1 caught and it was a jack king. Pretty much just an excuse to kill a few rocky mountain waters.

mYBrg8p.jpg

Last edited:
toss flies down stream of that tiny waterfall, oxygenated waters hold more fish, and the same fish are waiting for insects. That's a bucket-list fishing spot.

That's a serious honey hole. The guy I fish with has caught serious amounts of steelheads and kings right there.

@BigJ i had a buddy fishing barrier last weekend and hit a couple very nice springers. says they arent quite in yet though. we finally got to fish the quinault to

Last edited:
Back