Official GT4 Contest #1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
the ek understeers like a mother fucker... so you gotta be gentle on the steering or it will eat a butt load of time.

Yeah, no shit... I just remembered exactly why I sold my EK CTR and got a Spoon EK CTR.

edit: does the car have to remain stock besides tires? Or whats the limitations on the mods? I guess I'm just confused on the original post.

Quoted post[/post]]
145.830 :ph34r:

med_gallery_27060_160_28197.jpg

:ph34r:

and a 1'43.122 after that. :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
does the car have to remain stock besides tires? Or whats the limitations on the mods? I guess I'm just confused on the original post.

THERE ARE NO MODS IN THIS MODE.

if you are running a car with mods, you are in the wrong mode.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) TURN ON CONSOEL
2) Select Arcade Mode
3) Select Time Trial
4) Select Orig Circuits
5) Select Trial Mountain
6) Select Normal
7) Scroll over to honda about 7 across and 2 down.
8) pick the EK9 1998 (NOT the 1997) Civic Type R.

you are ONLY give the options of:

manual/automatic.
tire compound
driving aids.

THATS it.

if you are running mods or a car from your garage, you are DQ'ed. I don't know where the hell you are coming up with mods....

ALSO, note to the screen shot. CHANGE YOUR VIEW so that the car is in the picture--- as well as the Map of the course. James, i can hardly tell that that is.

better yet.... when you exit, it gives a screen shot of the car and the best time. Thats the pic to have.

Quoted post[/post]]
why did you pick this track and this car and a contest?

February was a good month for advertising. So, i figure i'll give back a little, and have fun doing it.

Track- its one of my fav's. The 2nd to last corner on the down hill right before the s-curves makes or breaks your lap :p

Car- this is hondaswap.... why not run an R? :p if/when there are other contests, it will be other cars/tracks.

Quoted post[/post]]
I'll get on it as soon as I get back next weekend. I'll try and do my best.

This is over Sunday at noon.... get cracking.

Quoted post[/post]]
edit: does the car have to remain stock besides tires? Or whats the limitations on the mods? I guess I'm just confused on the original post.

there are NO MODS available in this mode. stop cheating and read the directions.

Sorry, im editing my time.. I was playing, then i let my roommate play and he did the "quick tune up" in the options before you race (options as in reply, standings, data logger, save screen with all the icons at the bottom)

you can change car hp and weight.... and there is no way to tell on the screen.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

there are NO MODS available in this mode. stop cheating and read the directions.

I'm not cheating. I haven't played in a loooooooong time and I forgot all about the arcade mode of the game. I assumed SS tires meant racing ones.

Quoted post[/post]]
Challenge #1.

Mode: Time Trial, Arcade Mode
Course: Trial Moutain (forwards)
Car: 9'8 EK CTR
Tires: anything you want from the menu (super soft will probably be ideal)
Driving tools: any settings you want. off = faster car though.

I figured we could change the power and weight in the quick tune up menu before starting the race from reading this...without my best time is...1'49 ish.

Quoted post[/post]]
Sorry, im editing my time.. I was playing, then i let my roommate play and he did the "quick tune up" in the options before you race (options as in reply, standings, data logger, save screen with all the icons at the bottom)

you can change car hp and weight.... and there is no way to tell on the screen.

i never even knew about this....

Since there is no way to tell.... i guess, the only fair option is to have everything in that settings screen fully cranked up.

i'll have to make another run around the track tomorrow night.... after my 24 hrs of Nurnburgring finshes B-spec mode :p

Quoted post[/post]]
I figured we could change the power and weight in the quick tune up menu before starting the race from reading this...without my best time is...1'49 ish.

Like I said, i never knew this was possible....

Quoted post[/post]]
wait... so can we?

yeah, i guess so.

makes my 147 time a lot quicker now, doesn't it? :p lol

i will update the main rules.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
hrmmm just a question...can it be open to those of us that have the old PSX with GT2 since some of us dont have the PS2 with GT4?
:werd: if so i'm in...

no, because its just not the same. it might be close, but i can't say for sure its car for car...

get on over to a buddies house who has gt4.

or how bout one of teh city rally ones hehe, we should only be able to use production cars hehe, like still in production.

just tossin out ideas.

im expiramenting on GT2 to see how close its going to be. i'll keep ya posted...

**edit**

ok...u can purchase the '98 CTR in GT2 as required for the contest BUT in Arcade mode in the Time Trial section, there is no Trial Mountain selection. the only way i can see to do this ob GT2 is in Simulation Mode.

Back