*Official* Gym and Diet thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

without starting a new thread i figured i would post my half success story. :)

started the no carb. I'm not staving myself i'm just cutting out the bread,chips,fruit. etc for 2 weeks. I've just been hitting the salads and meat pretty good.

lost 10lbs so far it's been 9 days so far. :) went fro 189 to 179 this morning. i havent starting working out yet. :(

Not to be a burden of bad news but that weight loss is temporary. Unfortunately the minute you carb load, you'll put that "puffy" water logged weight back on.

I'd suggest looking into carb cycling so you can ease back into a regular diet at some time. Carbohydrates are your friendly energy, but must be used wisely.

But good for you man. Being conscious about what you take in is a big step. This last weekend I gorged on valentines day food, birthday food(cake and lots of it) and other stuff. I still have a half pot of gourmet macaroni and cheese I still have to eat before it goes bad so I'm hitting the cycling a bit more and upping my intensity/length of my workouts to battle the calories.

And when you say meat what kind of meat?

Also are you taking any supplements? I'd suggest taking a multivitamin and cla to support the weight loss, also glutamine does help too once you start exercising and upping your cardio so you can start the metabolic processes without losing all the muscle you have.

right now my daily intake consists of chicken/ham/turkey salads with lot of veggies, boiled egg and other stuff.

My dinner meals all consist of meats with veggies. I've done steak,salmon,mahi,pork loins and of course chicken.

I dont like to cut myself off completetly and i do plan on bringing carbs back in slowly. When i decided to do it i figured its food items i really dont need to have to feel full or be part of my daily food choices. cutting out the bread helped me stay away from greasy burgers and fries,chips,cookies etc. the bad stuff i over eat.

being concious of what i eat was always my downfall and i think i'm getting a handle on it better than i did before. I'm actually walking around feeling more confident about my appearence:)

Last edited:
Good to hear man. It just builds on itself.

Also remember to give into your craving before it gets out of control and you gorge. If you have to have some french fries get sweet potato fries and limit the quantity. Etc.

I'm a huge foody so its difficult for me, but I just don't grocery shop when i'm hungry and I avoid eating at places that don't have Good alternative foods to richer fattier foods. I have a daily small piece of dark chocolate, the size of probably a quarter. Keeps the natural craving down and provides some antioxidants.

Pro advice from my bodybuilding friend, which applies to me as i'm trying to cut an extra 50 lbs:

If a caveman could eat it, so can you.

Stick to all naturals, and small meals a day. 6-7 small meals spread out around 2-3 hours is much better than 3 square meals a day. Keeps your metabolism up when your not training aka burning more calories. It's all about the calorie intake. Keep that in mind, its a universal truth when trying to cut wait.
When calories burnt > intake = you lose weight.

Good to hear man. It just builds on itself.

Also remember to give into your craving before it gets out of control and you gorge. If you have to have some french fries get sweet potato fries and limit the quantity. Etc.

I'm a huge foody so its difficult for me, but I just don't grocery shop when i'm hungry and I avoid eating at places that don't have Good alternative foods to richer fattier foods. I have a daily small piece of dark chocolate, the size of probably a quarter. Keeps the natural craving down and provides some antioxidants.
This is one of the truths that not many people know about. Cheat once a week. Either a small little something every day or one meal throughout the week.

My friend Matt will either cheat with food on Friday night or drink moderately one night over the weekend. The kid has dressed like Spartan for Halloween since the movie came out. Can't agrue with long term results.

who cares that ur a little scrawny lil boy its funny wow come box me and see how far u get dont u worry ive never boxed before in my life i swear jk i boxed at the army tournament in iraq in 07 im 5'10 and weigh 215 and there aint no fat on me been working out for 5 years started at 155lbs.
Where the hell did that come from? Awful grammar too.

who cares that ur a little scrawny lil boy its funny wow come box me and see how far u get dont u worry ive never boxed before in my life i swear jk i boxed at the army tournament in iraq in 07 im 5'10 and weigh 215 and there aint no fat on me been working out for 5 years started at 155lbs.

Where is this rash of blatant cum swapping cock slaves coming from? are they teaming up together?

Insta ban this mother-fucker ^^^ :ban:

Well you should care about spelling. It is a portrayal of you and your ability to communicate the english language in written phrases to other people.

It's like wearing an unironed wrinkly ass shirt. Yeah. You're covered up. But you look like shit.

uhh.. wow.. not sure where i ran my mouth, but whatever. posts removed, ill leave this open in case taco wants to get back on subject with this

corvettekid you have a pm

also, just thought id post how things are coming in the gym for me
got myself on a daily routine. got some creatine, whey protein, and a pre workout supplement and im doing great so far. ive gone from 153lbs-166lbs as of yesterday. that is since we started a little over a month ago
diet has been completely reworked.
after i finish my bulking period, im going to cut weight for a couple weeks or so, then continue bulking after i take a week off from the gym completely.

Ok u dont use creatine when u first start off just use the whey protein and what type are u using and how many grams of protein are actually in a serving as no whey protein is 100% whey

Look who deleted all their shit talking lol

I did that. Was trying to save the thread because there's some good info here. Obviously vettekid isn't going to let that happen. He must continue with his massive spread of misinformation.

Apparently I was "running my mouth" because I asked him to post pics of said corvette.

Ok u dont use creatine when u first start off just use the whey protein and what type are u using and how many grams of protein are actually in a serving as no whey protein is 100% whey
Where are you getting this information? You're wrong. Simple as that.

i get my information from working out at the gym every day and my trainer and boxxing coach but dosnt matter to each his own

just because you work out every day doesnt mean that youre knowledgeable.
and if you do actually box, training for boxing and what im doing are two separate goals.

Back