Official Lesnar Vs Carwin prediction thread!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
This is prior to the Mir fight although not much has changed.

lesnar-carwin.jpg

Prediction:

Round 1: Lesnar and Carwin stand to start the fight. They trade jabs and Lesnar pushes Carwin into the fence. Dirty boxing ensues. Lesnar hits a couple hard knees but gets caught with an uppercut and has to drag Carwin down from the clinch. Lesnar passes into half guard and works some elbows while Carwin lands some mid section shots on the bottom. Lesnar is smothering him but Carwin's defense holds well enough and while Brock lands some hard shots Carwin isn't in danger of being knocked out. Carwin eventually manages to escape and stuffs a takedown attempt, the two trade jobs as the round closes.

Round 2: Lesnar is pretty fresh, Carwin is too but a couple elbows on the ground have opened up a small cut on his cheek. Lesnar wants to stand and tries to throw leg kicks to keep Carwin back. Carwin eventually finds his way in and the fur flies for a moment before Lesnar gets the double leg. Lesnar passes to half guard and works some GnP, Carwin attempts to escape but is tired and Lesnar passes to mount. Lesnar reigns down blows. Carwin has to give up his back to get out of the mount and Lesnar tags him hard on the side of the head for his effort. Lesnar starts pounding Carwin out, the ref stops the fight, Lesnar retains.

Brock Lesnar, Round 2, TKO

thoughts?

Last edited:
considering i could easily do 30 reps at 225 back in college when i was going to the gym occasionally, i'm not remotely impressed with carwin's strength.. And when fighting lesnar, thats the #1 thing that matters.

lesnar wins.

I see the fight going either way. So long as Carwin can fend off the bulls rush by Lesnar, he wins in my opinion. If he can't fend off the rush and the take down, he hasn't been tested before and I can see a TKO when he becomes overwhelmed by Lesnar's flurry of strikes.

The best thing Lesnar has going for him right now is that he has Couture training with his camp. Couture is one of the few methodical, "thinking" fighters that constructs a game plan based on his strengths + weaknesses along with his opponents strengths + weaknesses and stays true to the plan. If he can focus Lesnar's efforts, I think we see a much more mature and composed Lesnar in the ring.

Contrastingly, Carwin's biggest asset besides his heavy hands...
Greg Jackson (MMA trainer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Another fight genius that develops winning plans for his fighters.

considering i could easily do 30 reps at 225 back in college when i was going to the gym occasionally, i'm not remotely impressed with carwin's strength.

B, i have to call bullshit on this one. not simply because i dont' believe you can't do it, but because i doubt you ever tried to do it. thats a really random lift that not many people need to do.

MANY elite college athletes can't even do that at the NFL combine. 30 reps is a shitload.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers#tp-tab-set-1:tp-grid-container-bench-press

on topic....
Lesnar gets past the dirty boxing and takes it to the ground.

This could go 2 ways:
1) it's the most exciting 2 minutes in UFC history and makes a great fight. Lesnar wins by stoppage.

2) they spend 20 minutes measuring up with a couple small takedowns and lesnar wins by lay and pray.

I'm leaning towards option 1.

Back