1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official March Madness Thread

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by B16RacerN2NR, Mar 12, 2007.

1. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

I just thought I'd start this thread so we can keep the talking out of Seany's Bracket Thread... discuss... oh, and goodluck to everyone.

My Bracket is up BTW :D

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  2. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

who is this years george mason??

Give you one hint, starts with W and ends with p. :p

3. B16RacerN2NR

lol Winthrop huh, I got them losing in the first round to Notre Dame. Honestly I really don't know who would be this years George Mason, I just picked from the gut lol

I think Georgia Tech is very underrated.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  4. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

I dunno if i should stick to my preseason pick, memphis, or go with my gut.. and choose between ohio st and florida.. then again, upsets happen, they always do. Plus, number 1's dont win it all too often.

5. B16RacerN2NR

I got Memphis going far but if they meet NC, like in my bracket, I don't think they can beat NC.
    WTF, I just noticed I have ALL #1 seeds meeting in the Final 4 lol

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  6. smarty009

smarty009 Senior Member

ive got oregon taking it all against N.C. in the finals...go ducks...w00t!

7. chestercheeto48

chestercheeto48 Senior Member VIP

Winthrop is this years GM I had a chance to watch them against Wisconsin this year and we actually needed overtime to beat them. I have them beating Notre Dame.

8. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

another team that could do extremely well is Maryland. They've had some HUGE wins.

IVE CHANGED HOW THE PICK'EM CHALLENGE IS SET UP!!! GO SEE!

9. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

Anyone watchin the NIT games?? Im pissed because the Vermont game wont be televised up here.. only on ESPN U, which ofcourse i dont have.

Btw, dont underestimate Oral (sex) Roberts! Or as i like to call them, Blowjob Bobs. :p I heard they got something like 2 2000-pt guys on the team...

Oh yeah, Georgetown > NC. While NC has probably the most balanced team, they're reall young, younger than Florida was last year. They got 2 sophs and 3 freshmen as their starting 5... I dunno, just doesnt sit right with me. oh wait, sorry they have 1 senior starting :p PLUS that fag Hannsbro, or however you spell it, will have the mask on.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  10. chestercheeto48

chestercheeto48 Senior Member VIP

Just heard Brian Butch practiced yesterday for the Badgers. If they can make to the sweet sixteen and Butch decides to play I think that they may have a shot at beating Oregon.

11. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

where the fuck have you been?

12. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

Oregon REALLY impressed me against usc... well kind of. USC isn't THAT good, they got a few good players but they are definately not a streaky team and they are VERY inconsistant.

my championship game, Maryland vs Georgetown. I love people who chose picks based off of ranking or their name :p Now, originally i had Memphis but i dunno.... i love them this year, Dorsey is the man and nba quality, but its not like they were challenged very much, if at all, this season or in their tournament. Having no graduating starters looks reallllll good for next year and hopefully year their conf will be more challenging then and prep them for the dance next year. Something tells me in my guy they'll be out in the 2nd/3rd round.

/ncaabasketballramble

13. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

Yeah Oregon is a great shooting team and right now their on fire. They won arguably the toughest conference tourney in the nation and their WEAKEST win was like 19points

Come on baby, bring home that title!

14. smarty009

smarty009 Senior Member

ive been really busy with wedding planning...im getting married in june...and ive also been busy trying to find a full time job...no luck in that department though...grrrr...still looking...

15. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

Yeah, they are an incredible shooting team. They're primarily an outside shooting team and i thikn that could potentially earn them their ticket home.

As for arguable the toughest conf tourny.. ummm survey says?? FUCK NO. You could say the same thing about Memphis, they CRUSHED everyone, but the teams they played weren't very good, just like the teams Ore. played.. their toughest was USC, and i dont consider them anything special at all. Look at who Georgetown had to go through.. Villanova, No.20 ND, and No.13 Pitt. If you're tellin me those guys are easier than Arizona, Cal, and USC... you gotta lay off that crack man. Now i understand that the conf may be a little tough (big east is where its at brotha :p) but the tourny wasnt hard for em, they definatley had the easiest route. They got lucky Wash St and UCLA had to play eachother in the first game, because one was goin home. Then UCLA disappointed the nation when they lost to Washington by 10 (and washington sucks in conference play!!!!).

16. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

oh... and i officially HATE oral roberts..

who knew 2 2000pt scorers would lose? Oh and chalk up another impressive showing by Washington St, the only special team in the Pac 10 :p (just pickin on ya)

17. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

I said arguably, you can obviously argue against it. But that comment isn't me pissing in the wind it was said several times by respected analysts. 6 out of 10 of our teams did go to the NIT

And Oregon is small but our stars are shooting 60% and they are so well conditioned that they break the bigs down by playing transition full court ball. It's all about who can force the issue and remember Oregon had a 17 game streak to open the season

18. smarty009

smarty009 Senior Member

man..i cannot believe Duke blew that game...wtf!!!...them VNC boys surprised me...they downing 3 pointers like crazy!

19. KScivic

KScivic Junior Member

So I rock for picking VCU over Duke in every bracket I filled out...

20. smarty009

smarty009 Senior Member

yea...yea...yea...I just want VCU to prove that wasnt a fluke...they need to keep dumping those 3's...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted