official mirage modification post

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nicey nice! lmk, i'll help you stock it if you want to share.

ill possibly have a few friends, and a co-worker with a wrx.

BRING IT! :) So excited... Gonna wash the car tonight and clean off last week's AutoX numbers... lol.. See ya in the AM. I'll be there 7:30-7:45...

mine was supposed to be smogged within 7 days after purchase, its been a year since then :)

ill be there!!

didnt make autox :( we lost power and my alarm... fuxored me. i woke up ~830 :( :(

buuuut i got some nice work done.

as everyone and their mother knows (and by the way i take pics ;) ) my drivers side fender was FUXORED when i bought the car.

well, thanks to a friend.... who gave me a replacement coupe fender almost a year ago - i now have it on! today i took the time to sand it down, prime it and spray it and sand it a bit again. 4 hours of work, for excellent results. i didnt dawdle too much since im painting the car in a month or so.

it may not look it in the pics, but asthetically the fender is mint.

onto the results!

all the work pics here-
Index of /2000mirage

100_1871.JPG

100_1872.JPG

man... You would have had a chance today too... Fast course out back, but VERY tight towards the end... And my brakes were SHIT... TOTAL SPONGES... Thanks AGAIN Subaru Dealer....

Daddio showed up and whooped up on everybody as always...

And I went through the finish line sideways... 3 times... :D once was almost 180... No Cones knocked.. Once was completly sideways, 2 green cones.. But they dont count.. And once I was sideways, kicked it back the other way, brought it to a stop, look out my driver window... See one wobble, then fall.. :(

Connecticut Autocross & Rally Team

Figures my fastest 2 runs (By over a second) were on Fun Runs... :( 34.3xx.. Would have bumped me from 11th to 6th...

We aren't sure if we will be at the Plainfield FCSCC autoX, or at the CARTCT Hartford AutoX... Plainfield is like 4 minutes from my house... So who knows... Maybe plainfield, then BBQ at my house afterwards... But maybe Hartford again...

i have to go to CART to pay my dues :)

so thats where i will most likely be.

started working on my evo5 non-wide shorty fiberglass rear bumper.

primered and painted the inside black.

tomorrow comes the outer sanding, little bit of bondo putty where needed, and the etch primer.

pics tomorrow.

man... You would have had a chance today too... Fast course out back, but VERY tight towards the end... And my brakes were SHIT... TOTAL SPONGES... Thanks AGAIN Subaru Dealer....

Daddio showed up and whooped up on everybody as always...

And I went through the finish line sideways... 3 times... :D once was almost 180... No Cones knocked.. Once was completly sideways, 2 green cones.. But they dont count.. And once I was sideways, kicked it back the other way, brought it to a stop, look out my driver window... See one wobble, then fall.. :(

Connecticut Autocross & Rally Team

Figures my fastest 2 runs (By over a second) were on Fun Runs... :( 34.3xx.. Would have bumped me from 11th to 6th...

Get Hawk HPS pads for the subaru. Generally regarded as the best street pad out there. Hawk HP+ are good for track use but take time to heat up and aren't the best for a daily driver, especially because they're harsh and will chew the heck out of your rotors.

I can't speak highly enough about my HPS's though.

Also upgrade your brake fluid to a better fluid like ATE Super Blue or Motul 5.1 and bleed those suckers. If the pedal is still mushy, its the flex lines, in which case swap out to stainless steel lines when you're changing the fluid. Costs $100 and makes braking feel so much more responsive.

/thread jack in progress.

neither....

im not spending on an evo motor, and a k20 is more expensive that that :lol:

built n/a 1.5 sohc for the win. as it sits it is a 16.2 second car ;)

Back