Official MLB final series/playoff thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

Well the MLB wildcard race (and eastern division) are up for grabs, and for a first time in a while, its really a race. Yankees come into todays game with a 1 game lead over the Red Sox, who are currently tied for first in the wildcard race in the AL. Finally, we have an actual race for the division title and the al wildcard, and when i say finally i mean that we finally have one to really pay attention to. Chicago White Sox are in first place of their division as well, and their final 3 game series (friday, saterday,sunday) is against the 2nd place Indians. That should be fun to see how that plays out, as well as the Yankees / Red Sox series this weekend. And im fucking stoked about going to the saterday game at fenway park with Randy Johnson vs Tim Wakefield, should be a great game...that is if it has any meaning.

If the yankees win tonight, and bosont loses, they will only need to win one of the three games in boston, in order to clinch their divisoin and their playoff spot.

Predictions?? and not YANKEES SUCK DICK THEY SUCK SO THEYLL BLOW IT! eat me, ive heard it all season long and look, they came back. but enough about the silly rivalry...

What do you honestly think is going to happen over these next four days?? Educated guesses only (no shit like i stated above)

Id like to keep this as clean as possible, seeing as how i dont entirely HATE the redsox, i know they are good club and they deserve everything they get cuz they work hard (except manny). But im a yankees fan (both parents raised in NYC, so theres my justification.....if you guys really wnted it lol.

yanks vs orioles ....................Yankees vs Baltimore: 9-4
13-5........7-11
redsox vs bluejays ...............Boston vs Toronto: 4-10
11-10.........10-9
White sox vs Detroit ............Chicago vs Detroit: 12-3
9-10............ 6-12
Cleveland vs Tampa Bay -----Cleveland vs Tampa Bay: 3-6
14-5..............12-10

Yanks / Redsox ---------------Yankees vs Boston: 9-7
14-4.........11-10

Whitesox / Indians -----------Chicago vs Cleveland: 9-4

what i have here is the remaining teams in the al and their remaining series. Below the name is their current streak as of this moment, (before tonight night games). i know that each teams streaks dont add up to the same number of games but who cares. To the right is both teams season record against eachother. (so when it says Boston vs Toronto: 4-8 that means boson has lost 8 times to Toronto this season, and toronto has won 8 times vs boston)

Okay, my predictions:

New York will win division.
Chicago will win division.
Cleveland will win Wild Card.
Boston will not go to the playoffs.

New York and Chicago are at advantages because of their record vs both teams they are playing. But boston is rediculous at home, becuase thats what they do..win games at home.

its comin close to the end, its a real fight for first place.....

(and wtf b, why cant i enter in a bunch of spaces so it spaces things out...)

I like the Yankees. I got Cleveland winning the Wild Card over Boston. as for the winner of the World Series, I want the Angels to go all the way!!

BTW-Can you believe SD clinching a playoff spot with a 79-79 record lol bet they'll end up under .500. The NL West is such a joke

i could play in the NL west... none of the fucking teams are above 500!!!! its retarded lol. oh well, whoever plays them will take care of tehm quick... and i bet its gonna be the Cardinals.

my wishful thinking... Yankees / St. Louis World Series. but i doubt thatll happen.

Cleveland or Chicago will go to the WS for the AL. that is...if the indians make it.

Quoted post[/post]]
i could play in the NL west... none of the fucking teams are above 500!!!! its retarded lol. oh well, whoever plays them will take care of tehm quick... and i bet its gonna be the Cardinals.

my wishful thinking... Yankees / St. Louis World Series. but i doubt thatll happen.

Cleveland or Chicago will go to the WS for the AL. that is...if the indians make it.
I doubt it, 9 times out of 10 the Yankees are awesome in the playoffs. With the Angels being underdogs this year again, takes a bunch of pressure off them, plus they got 1 of the best bull pens in the whole league. So that being said, i'm ruling out both the Indians and White Sox getting to the WS. It's kinda sad when a team goes .500 and clicnhes a playoff spot and is still only up by 4 games above the 2nd place team lol

I think the Yanks will win the East, Chicago will win the Central, and (as much as this pains me to say it), Boston will win the Wild Card. Cleveland is slumping, and I don't think they'll be able to streak AGAIN to pull off the division or the wild card.

The Yanks are going to have it TOUGH. They should hand Baltimore their asses tonight, and Boston should probably beat Toronto at home tonight. Then things get interesting. :) This weekend will be FUN for baseball - what better way to end the regular season than a Yanks/Sox series? As I said, NY will have a tough time even taking one from the Sox at Fenway, but I think they'll take at least two, but Boston will take one and retain the lead in the wild card race.

NL? Who cares about the NL? :p

But the yankees dont have the bullpen... all they have is Gordon (who is shaky sometimes, especially in big spots) and Rivera...who is a fucking machine.

Plus the yankees starting lineup, theyll probably go to a four man rotation, but still. who is it gonna be? Mussina, Johnson, Wright, Wang? I like all but Wright, i just didnt like that move.... oh well.

That young reliever from the Angels, holy shit... i forget his name, he is sorta chubby, short hair, baby face, real young.. he throws 99..... alllll fucking day long. White Sox are hard competition for the yankees and the redsox (if i do remember correctly). If the Yankees play the Angels...watch out..could be the upset of the playoffs right there.

lol, youre right, no one cares about the NL not even the fans of the NL lol. Actually.. i dont know how serious they take it, i never meet any NL fans lol.

Yankees must win tonight, and i HOPE!!!! the redsox lose... itll make it easier on the yankees in their final series. I know the yankees will take one, im thinking the Wakefield/Johnson game... Johnson is 4-0 vs the redsox this year.. i know the yankees have a hard time catching up to tim wakefields pitching, but theyve done it before...and they can do it again.

Quoted post[/post]]
But the yankees dont have the bullpen... all they have is Gordon (who is shaky sometimes, especially in big spots) and Rivera...who is a fucking machine.

Plus the yankees starting lineup, theyll probably go to a four man rotation, but still. who is it gonna be? Mussina, Johnson, Wright, Wang? I like all but Wright, i just didnt like that move.... oh well.

That young reliever from the Angels, holy shit... i forget his name, he is sorta chubby, short hair, baby face, real young.. he throws 99..... alllll fucking day long. White Sox are hard competition for the yankees and the redsox (if i do remember correctly). If the Yankees play the Angels...watch out..could be the upset of the playoffs right there.

lol, youre right, no one cares about the NL not even the fans of the NL lol. Actually.. i dont know how serious they take it, i never meet any NL fans lol.

Yankees must win tonight, and i HOPE!!!! the redsox lose... itll make it easier on the yankees in their final series. I know the yankees will take one, im thinking the Wakefield/Johnson game... Johnson is 4-0 vs the redsox this year.. i know the yankees have a hard time catching up to tim wakefields pitching, but theyve done it before...and they can do it again.
you are correct, but the Yanks always find a way to win. and yes, that young releiver you speak of is K-Rod. Francisco Rodriguez. The K stands for Strike-outs if you're lost on that one lol... he has an unbelevable arm. If the Angels still had Troy Percival, who went to the gay Detroit Tigers BTW, i'd would of said the Angels were a shoe in.

Quoted post[/post]]

Very true. Hell, even Mussina has been sorta spotty lately. Great game one day, shitty game the next. But Johnson, Wright and Wang should be enough to pull them through.

Screw the NL. They've been weak for how many decades now? Anyone remember Boston's dismemberment of the Cardinals last year? Christ.

Wakefield is spotty. I think he's just having a good year. Not to take anything away from him, but he's just another knuckleballer. The Yanks should crush him this weekend.

And if the Yanks play the Angels...well....a couple of years ago, the Angels made short work of the Yanks. They've definitely got it in them.

yeah they do... and when it comes down to it, all the teams in teh playoffs, and hopefuls have a pretty even chance of winning, cuz each team is good and plays well against the other teams in the playoffs. Yes mussina has been spotty... look at his last start.

they should of kept Pettite....fucking Steinbrener

id like to hear some Red Sox fans input lol, i thougt thats what i was gonna get the most of. oh and i mean fans, not "oh i live in new england and its cool to hate the yankees and i want to date Ortiz"

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah they do... and when it comes down to it, all the teams in teh playoffs, and hopefuls have a pretty even chance of winning, cuz each team is good and plays well against the other teams in the playoffs. Yes mussina has been spotty... look at his last start.

they should of kept Pettite....fucking Steinbrener

id like to hear some Red Sox fans input lol, i thougt thats what i was gonna get the most of.
Goddammit....definitely. Should have traded Mussina away and kept Pettite. That was a dumb-ass move.

yeah pitching staff.. i meant to blanket the bullpen and starting 5 lol

look at Aaron small tho...hes been great, and it could work out to our advantage to put him in the bullpen..unless Wang fucks it up.

I didnt read the whole topic...but i have faith in boston. my little league team was the red sox, and i dont knock em...ever. they can suprise you (good and bad)

i played on the Red Sox in little league, lol my dad tells me it pained him to actually say "LETS GO RED SOX!" hahaahah

My team (Oakland A's) is out cuz we choked at the end as USUSAL I think I am starting to get used to it. Anyways as long as the Yankees don't win I will be ok with it. I also think everyone is underestimating the Angels so watch out for them they play well under pressure, the White Sox will choke even though they have the best record. Just my opinion. Oh by the way Sean Fuck the Yankees they have all this talent they should be destroying everything in their path and now at the end of the season they step it up, but A Rod should get the MVP he deserves it. Oh and while I am at it Fuck Barry Bonds they should take all of his homeruns away and last years MVP.
I know I am going to get blasted for this but I don't care everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

lol now now, thats exactly what i didnt want. Are the Yankees not allowed to have a bad season? Even great players have bad seasons.

since you brought up the mvp topic, that could get heated lol but i think Alex should get it over David Obese. Alex has a better avg, same hr's but less rbi's.... soo how many put outs does ortiz have? double play assists, throw outs etc etc. MVP is an overall award, and overall...a rod is way more valuable than ortiz.... all he does is hit homeruns, if he could field then he would get my vote. But who knows, the country loves boston now, and everyone has a love affair with Ortiz.

Im not saying he isnt a great value to the redsox, cuz he is, but i think a rod is more rounded and an overall better player.

Back