Official MLB final series/playoff thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah, Ortiz is definitely not deserving of the MVP. The title itself (Most Valuable Player) suggests that it's all-encompassing, and just being a good hitter alone is not enough to qualify. Sorry Ortiz, A-Rod has you here. Try losing a few pounds and playing a position, and we'll see about voting you MVP next year.

Also, yeah...fuck Bonds. If he actually breaks Aaron's record, instead of saying "Barry Bonds" in the record book, it should say "Barry * ". Fuck that whiny, juiced-up sorry excuse for a baseball player.

Quoted post[/post]]
lol now now, thats exactly what i didnt want. Are the Yankees not allowed to have a bad season? Even great players have bad seasons.

since you brought up the mvp topic, that could get heated lol but i think Alex should get it over David Obese. Alex has a better avg, same hr's but less rbi's.... soo how many put outs does ortiz have? double play assists, throw outs etc etc. MVP is an overall award, and overall...a rod is way more valuable than ortiz.... all he does is hit homeruns, if he could field then he would get my vote. But who knows, the country loves boston now, and everyone has a love affair with Ortiz.

Im not saying he isnt a great value to the redsox, cuz he is, but i think a rod is more rounded and an overall better player.

I agree with you even though I hate to say it A Rod deserves it :fosho:

WhiteSox just clinched their division title. well we can forget about their series with cleveland....well kinda. i have a weird feeling that white sox may not play as hard in the next series.... meaning redsox/yankees could be in deeper water than they already are.

Quoted post[/post]]
I also think everyone is underestimating the Angels so watch out for them they play well under pressure,
they've been my pick since day 1. Everyone around me is like, you only like the Angels now because they are winning, WRONG!!! I have a very good, legitimate reason. if you guys want me to tell you, just let me know but i'm sure you could care less.

As for the MVP, as long as David Ortis (Obese :laugh: ) doesn't get it, i'll be happy. What's wrong with Bonds? He may be an asshole to the media but who cares? Just because someone is an all around asshole doesn't mean he can't play baseball well. Jucied up you say? Maybe, but last I checked they only have steroids that make you stronger, not make it so your eyes get 10 times bigger while slowing the pitch down so you can hit it. Hitting a baseball is hard and taking steroids is not gonna teach you how to hit one.

Quoted post[/post]]
What's wrong with Bonds? He may be an asshole to the media but who cares? Just because someone is an all around asshole doesn't mean he can't play baseball well. Jucied up you say? Maybe, but last I checked they only have steroids that make you stronger, not make it so your eyes get 10 times bigger while slowing the pitch down so you can hit it. Hitting a baseball is hard and taking steroids is not gonna teach you how to hit one.
He's an asshole. Yes. Probably one of the biggest in baseball. But that shouldn't keep him from getting ANY legit record.

However, if he's on some sort of illegal performance-enhancing drug, in no way should he ever be recognized for a record, nor should he be inducted into the Hall Of Fame. You can't qualify these things - he took steriods, end of discussion. No one is disputing the fact that he's a good hitter - we've known this since he started playing ball. But how many of those home runs *just* made it over the fence? How many cleared it byt 5 feet? 10 feet? How many of those wouldn't have made it over, had he not been juiced to the point that he is now? That's my issue with him.

he is feared, yes. did he take steriods..you be the judge.

bondstp.jpg

bonds_rc_2.jpg

barry_bonds1_large.jpg

041203_bonds_vlrg.vlarge.jpg

:)

OH by the way, yankees just jumped out to a 3 run lead in the first, Giambi 3 run YAKKA!!! oh and they scored another run.. 4-0 bottom of the 1st!!

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
What's wrong with Bonds? He may be an asshole to the media but who cares? Just because someone is an all around asshole doesn't mean he can't play baseball well. Jucied up you say? Maybe, but last I checked they only have steroids that make you stronger, not make it so your eyes get 10 times bigger while slowing the pitch down so you can hit it. Hitting a baseball is hard and taking steroids is not gonna teach you how to hit one.
He's an asshole. Yes. Probably one of the biggest in baseball. But that shouldn't keep him from getting ANY legit record.

However, if he's on some sort of illegal performance-enhancing drug, in no way should he ever be recognized for a record, nor should he be inducted into the Hall Of Fame. You can't qualify these things - he took steriods, end of discussion. No one is disputing the fact that he's a good hitter - we've known this since he started playing ball. But how many of those home runs *just* made it over the fence? How many cleared it byt 5 feet? 10 feet? How many of those wouldn't have made it over, had he not been juiced to the point that he is now? That's my issue with him.

Werd WERD WERD I agree with you 110%. Why should he be remembered in the Hall of Fame when the other guys that are at the top of the list never took any enhancing drugs. Sorry but I think it is CHEATING. Like it or not everyone has their own opinions, and by the way I was raised 25 minutes East of SF yeah I am an Oakland fan but still. Just my .02

Quoted post[/post]]
he is feared, yes. did he take steriods..you be the judge.

bondstp.jpg

bonds_rc_2.jpg

barry_bonds1_large.jpg

041203_bonds_vlrg.vlarge.jpg

:)
that doesn't mean shit. Shaq has put on about 60lbs of muscle since he entered the league, does that mean he took steroids? Bonds' work ethic could have increased and he decided to drink some Weight Gainer and start lifting. So many of my friend's who have came out of the Marines are now yoked to death, on average they came back with about 50lbs of pure muscle. Guess they took roids also :shrug2:
How long has Bonds been in the league? like 18 years now? so your telling me that couldn't happen in 18 years of just pure hard work?

lol did i say he did? :wink: look at his numbers, look at his number of HR's thru his career, starting from his rookie season to now. Personally, if he has nothing to hide, then get tested. Youre such a big bad man, saying that you didnt take steriods...so PROVE IT, prove everyone wrong, shut everyone up. Dont give me none of that "well its the principal of the thing" shit, shut the fuck up and get tested. Atleast Giambi admitted to it, geez.

Bonds can suck my balls, he has no professionalism. Hell, he even said the the media that he was only making a return so he could break the record, not so he can help his team win (yeah i know they were doin pretty shitty), but thats not motivating for the team. Team members look up to him, and he basicly said "fuck them, the record is more important than the team" what a douche.

anyways, yessssssssssss the yankees are one up. i say they take the first two.. Fear Johnson.

Quoted post[/post]]
Let's start the weekend off right:

sox-champs.jpg

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
:laugh: :laugh: ain't that the truth.

The whole Bonds' thing. He does have a point. People do grow as players. Just because he is doing better doesn't mean he's on the roids. Should he prove people wrong, Hell yeah, shut everyone the fuck up. Does he have to, hell no. If the League actually wanted to know for sure, they'd MAKE him test wether he'd like it or not.

Well if he wants the media off his back, as he so clearly has stated, then just fucking get tested. He brought his kid into it one day when the media swarmed him at practice, he was like "look what this is doin to my kid" Yeah well, if you want it to stop DO SOMETHING!!!!

well cleveland lost. Thank god. The Yankees need cleveland to lose atleast 2 games, 3 would be great. And honestly, im okay with having the red sox with the division, we'll get em back.

Yankee's won today. They clinched thier division. I just wished Cleveland won all thier games against the White Sox because that would of made Boston out of the Wild Card running :)

Back