Official Need for speed underground 2 thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Nov 15 2004, 03:13 PM
So like... If you could put teins, Mugen wheels, & make the car RHD and JDM you'd be all over it?  :\
[post=417172]Quoted post[/post]​

No, because:
Tein is overrated
Mugen is overpriced
Converting from LHD --> RHD is just plain fucking stupid
and JDM WOULD be RHD, so that is redundant.

Simulator > Arcade

has anyone seen the commercial where at the beginning, im not sure but i think it cuts to a shot of a ae86 with lambo doors and neons, i mean to each his own, but why a hachi roku :(

id buy it if when your free roaming you could get into streetraces at stoplights and on the highway

I'm with sohcslammer. The game is only rice if you make it that way. At least this time around they're trying to make it a little more sim-style with the more indepth tweaking and whatnot.

Originally posted by FFCiv@Nov 15 2004, 04:29 PM
id buy it if when your free roaming you could get into streetraces at stoplights and on the highway
[post=417213]Quoted post[/post]​

Something like Tokyo Extreme Racer?

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Nov 15 2004, 05:28 PM
Another under-rated game....
[post=417244]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, I actually think TXR was underrated while NFSU was overrated. I would have continued to play NFSU if I didn't get so frustrated by having to dodge taxis, buses and other random bullshit all the time.

make me a game where i can install my own pistons, add a turbo kit, but if i forget to tune it right, i blow up.
THATS the game i want.

even GT lacks that. you buy the 90k turbo kit stage 4 and you're done.

I WISH you could blow up. I WISH heat soak was an issue. I WISH Torquesteer happened in the fwd cars. I WISH that I could slap a t67 on a CTR and actually have a honda worth drivingin the game :D

And I'm sure Sony would LOVE to market "GT4: B Edition" and instantly lose at least 50% of their market. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Nov 15 2004, 05:39 PM-->
make me a game where i can install my own pistons, add a turbo kit, but if i forget to tune it right, i blow up.
THATS the game i want.

I WISH you could blow up. I WISH heat soak was an issue. I WISH Torquesteer happened in the fwd cars. I WISH that I could slap a t67 on a CTR and actually have a honda worth drivingin the game :D
[post=417252]Quoted post[/post]​

Way too many variations to make it tunable and still have everything competitive relative to each other in a game with as many cars as GT4 will have... maybe if it was a game with one brand of car only, or a very limited selection, but I really doubt something that complex could be programmed into a console game.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Nov 15 2004, 05:43 PM
TXR is one of the most underrated games ever. I love that game.
[post=417255]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Battle Pope
@Nov 15 2004, 05:45 PM
And I'm sure Sony would LOVE to market "GT4: B Edition" and instantly lose at least 50% of their market. ;)
[post=417256]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 15 2004, 05:39 PM
THATS the game i want.

[post=417252]Quoted post[/post]​

They already make it. It's called NHRA or something like that. :)

Seriously tho, I heard that you do build your own motor in that game and put your own pistons in, and can actually blow your motor if not built right.... It's only a matter of time until the sport compact version comes out...

and B is saying that the mainstream sucks, yet he mentions hes waiting for GT4 to be released. well isnt that a mainstream game that just about every damn person with a PS2 is gonna buy?? me thinks so.

im waiting for Forza Motorsport on Xbox to come out. its gonna hand GT4 its ass.

its all good....i will say this,and leave it at this :

NFSU2 : not rice...depicting what goes on in urban and suburban neighborhoods all across america..u choose what you want to do in the game...thats WHY they make the cars bone stock in the beginning...u cant call a game rice because the creators HAD to put some style onto the cars for the commercials to sell...and like it or not..this shit is healthy for tuning..i dont care if u want to call people who play this game..or people who play this game,and want to get into racing, "ricers"..because its still healthy..its still bringing in more people who have aspirations to build a car up..or atleast try..

Gt : now...i played gran turismo 3...loved it....right up until the point where...hmm lets see if this makes sense....i did a 2 hour endurance race (yes ladies and gentlemen...2 hours in realtime) to earn some extra money..and my car was so fast (skyline r34 twin turbo 1064 horsepower) that while i was racing,i could fall asleep (and trust me...i did..2 hours?? get the fuck out of here)..ride the wall..and still have enough speed to complete each lap...now where the fuck,is the fun in that shit?? ohh yea...wow...its realistic...but if i wanted total realism..id watch the fucking speed channel,and watch them do 2 hour le mans races with porches and shit...gt makes it to the point where its so real...it aint fun no more....200 lap..or 2 hour endurance races?? get the fuck out of here...if u have a life for it..then i feel sorry for you.

thats all i have to say..people want to put down NFSU..then by all means..but GT gave it no competiton last year..because they are too busy trying to make the game "totally" real...and forgot to make it "totally" fun. :lol:

gt3 is the best game ever made for car heads, hands down.
gt4 is going to own gt3.

nuff said.

if you think thats main stream, well.. whatever...

Originally posted by CRXSI91@Nov 16 2004, 08:17 AM
Gt : now...i played gran turismo 3...loved it....right up until the point where...hmm lets see if this makes sense....i did a 2 hour endurance race (yes ladies and gentlemen...2 hours in realtime) to earn some extra money..and my car was so fast (skyline r34 twin turbo 1064 horsepower) that while i was racing,i could fall asleep (and trust me...i did..2 hours?? get the fuck out of here)..ride the wall..and still have enough speed to complete each lap...now where the fuck,is the fun in that shit?? ohh yea...wow...its realistic...but if i wanted total realism..id watch the fucking speed channel,and watch them do 2 hour le mans races with porches and shit...gt makes it to the point where its so real...it aint fun no more....200 lap..or 2 hour endurance races?? get the fuck out of here...if u have a life for it..then i feel sorry for you.
[post=417594]Quoted post[/post]​

why dont you try and NOT sleep and NOT ride the wall?

thats what video games are all about..fun..not realism..realism just gives it the extra LITTLE touch.

Back