Official Need for speed underground 2 thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im sorry..need for speed will shit on GT4...before people TRY to flame me...this is why :

people think nfs is a ricer game..and that its not real....well i got a few hours into the game..and i can finally bolt on a turbo...after i bolted it on...i put my car on the dyno to tune it...now u can actually tune EVERY aspect..the first thing i tuned,was my ECU,i made sure it gave me the most power at 5,000 rpm,around where the car (240sx) reaches its peak power...then..i tuned the turbo..and set the boost so it had lag in the first 3,000 rpms..but when it reaches past that...it pushes out a lot of lbs within the next 4,000...

the first time i ran on the dyno..i put out 213 wtq,and 240 hp

then after setting it like i just told you,it put out 241 hp,and 223 wtq...and thats with me just fuckin around with it...if thats not enough,u can set your nitrous for more power and short duration,or long duration and short power...as well as your downforce,and gear ratios...

the game is just overall fun,and on point...anyone who thinks otherwise is just a hater.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Nov 15 2004, 05:43 PM
TXR is one of the most underrated games ever. I love that game.
[post=417255]Quoted post[/post]​

that game is great, there are so many cars, the only thing i dont like about it is that its too dark all the time, but other than that i give it a :thumbsup:

got the game but don't like it that much. it takes forever to get enough money to buy parts, and why is there only one type of vehicle for all the traffic? also, no hondas in TXR3

So how far is everyone?

I have all the level 2 stuff unlocked and I just unlocked the level 3 ECU. With just the level 2 engine, ECU, and turbo in my civic I put down 351 WHP and over 250 torque. It runs the 1/4 mile in 10.5 at 130+. I also just bought a G35 last night. :)

I love this game.

How far are you guys? I have to work ALL the time so I don't get to play it much... Anyone done yet?

ive got a toyota corolla, audi a3, and acura rsx. my rsx is faster then my corolla in the quarter lol. next car: rx-7 :)

I think NFSU2 is a pretty good game and i like the way you tune your car and can actually put it on the dyno and stuff. Also atleast now the cars sound somewhat realistic, like V8s sound like V8s and stuff. Also the fact that it is free roaming like Tokyo Xtreme is great. The only part of the game that i totally hate is that it forces you to build a ricer car. For example, i used the 240, and after putting wheels, a nice lip kit, the performace upgrades, tint, mirrors, and a new hood on it, I had to put fucking hydros on it to gain enough "style points" to unlock more shit. I think that is BS, you cant even lower your car, all you can do is put hydros. So basically since its a ricer game i just went and got an escalade and put all my $$ into making that look badass, which it did look sweet. That game has great potential but they need to stop making it like a bad episode of Pimp My Ride.

That's why they let you get sponsors. When you score your first sponsor, you get a free car, then you can have a performance ride and a show ride.

Originally posted by senate_9427@Nov 30 2004, 05:18 PM
I think NFSU2 is a pretty good game and i like the way you tune your car and can actually put it on the dyno and stuff.  Also atleast now the cars sound somewhat realistic, like V8s sound like V8s and stuff.  Also the fact that it is free roaming like Tokyo Xtreme is great.  The only part of the game that i totally hate is that it forces you to build a ricer car.  For example, i used the 240, and after putting wheels, a nice lip kit, the performace upgrades, tint, mirrors, and a new hood on it,  I had to put fucking hydros on it to gain enough "style points" to unlock more shit.  I think that is BS, you cant even lower your car, all you can do is put hydros.  So basically since its a ricer game i just went and got an escalade and put all my $$ into making that look badass, which it did look sweet.  That game has great potential but they need to stop making it like a bad episode of Pimp My Ride.
[post=424255]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't know what game you are playing, but mine has sport lowering springs for level 1 and performance lowering springs for level 2. I haven't unlocked level 3 yet....

Wow. I finally started playing this game 2 days ago, and it's FUN! It's put together a whole lot better than the first one. I just need to unlock the third level mods... I'm maxed out on an RX-8, Miata, IS300 and Supra right now.

Yeah, I didn't really like how the tuning worked at first, but after playing the shit out of it.... I love it. I threw my G35 on the dyno last night and baseline put down 405 whp. After about 15 minutes of fucking around I got it to put down 441 whp. :woo: I like how you get different results with different cars. With my civic I tune it all for 5,000 rpms +. On my eclipse I use it mostly for drifting so it makes over 400 pound feet of torque at around 2000 rpms. :D

i thought the first was pretty good but i didnt like that i had to make my car a rice rocket to get style points to continue with the game. but txr is by far my favorite car game ever. not geting nfsu2. consumed with gta sa, but also i didnt like how their commercials condone and almost support street racing, talking about a "need" to go after another import. i street race but if the track was closer, i would be there racing. plus i didnt even finish the first before it got dull.

Halfway threw my 4th sponsorship and love it. Rocking the 240 supra and eclipse- WAITING for the skyline to come availiable

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Dec 2 2004, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I didn't really like how the tuning worked at first, but after playing the shit out of it.... I love it. I threw my G35 on the dyno last night and baseline put down 405 whp. After about 15 minutes of fucking around I got it to put down 441 whp. :woo: I like how you get different results with different cars. With my civic I tune it all for 5,000 rpms +. On my eclipse I use it mostly for drifting so it makes over 400 pound feet of torque at around 2000 rpms. :D
[post=425208]Quoted post[/post]​

It takes all of about 5 minutes to tune all the different profiles... I like how you can "tune" each car, but the tuning system is still pretty dumbed down. It's still very well done for a video game though! You can't expect your average Joe to start screwing with a/f ratios and timing maps. :lol:

This game, against all my expectations, ROCKS!! I've been addicted to it for the last week!!! Its kinda ricer, but its still a hell of a lot of fun! :D

True, they encourage you to be "ricey" but hey, it's fun IMO because other than the price of the game there are no real world bills to pay for worthless body mods. :lol:

i just got this game today and HOLY SHIT is it BADASS!! the driving is better, the sound effects are better...hell the game just ownz in every aspect. time to go play some more...

Back