Official UFC 71 Thread *SPOILER*

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what the ref stopped the fight, rematch...just like tito....i heard something about rampage had vaseline behind his ears but they just wiped it off like it never happend
all the fighters get vasaline on thier face before they fight. they do it in boxing too. maybe it wasn't that big a deal since it was behind his ear and not a big clump on his face so the punches would just slide by.

yea true but im not sure about this but i think its against the rules in ufc

yea true but im not sure about this but i think its against the rules in ufc
having vasaline on your face or behind the ear? it might be a violation behind the ear if they started to get in the clinch or started to grapple but from what i've read the fight never even came close to going that route so i doubt they'll say it was a factor in Rampage's win.

what the ref stopped the fight, rematch...just like tito....i heard something about rampage had vaseline behind his ears but they just wiped it off like it never happend

yeah the ref stopped the fight cuz chuck got knocked the fuck out!!!!!!!!!!! and there wasnt any controversy about vaseline chuck admitted "he caught me with one" as he walked off almost in tears

plus they check behind your ears before any fighter goes in the ring

yea that sucked only if the ref was like 3 seconds slower

all the fighters get vasaline on thier face before they fight. they do it in boxing too. maybe it wasn't that big a deal since it was behind his ear and not a big clump on his face so the punches would just slide by.
there wont be a rematch any time soon. this WAS the rematch chuck was hoping for. now they are going to line them up for rampage. chuck has to go back to the training circle.

there is a ref outside the ring that supervises the fighter prep like 2 seconds before they go in. the team lubed up rampage and then the ref will inspect it to make sure it's legit. he just cleaned up a little bit. it's no big deal. just making sure it's fair.

chuck got caught sleeping. rampage only threw 4 more punches in that fight than i did, luckily one hit the "easy" button and put him out.

Last edited:
Here is something i bet you guys didn't know.
Liddell, who will be on a 45-day Nevada State Athletic Commission-mandated medical suspension after the TKO

For one, the company announced at the end of the show that Jackson's next fight will be against PRIDE welterweight and middleweight (PRIDE's middleweight division tops out at 205 pounds, same as UFC light-heavyweight) champion Dan Henderson, for a fight UFC president Dana White said would take place sometime in the fall. White also hinted that a long-talked about matchup with Wanderlei Silva could be next on Liddell's agenda.

if you click the link thing underneath it says it was removed for copyright protection or something of the sort

watched the ESPN one.. what a weaksauce fight.. . 4-5 punches and its over.. the intro for the guys walking to the octagon was longer than that fight

Back