offset on 92-95 civics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CAFROG

Honda Minion
VIP
I have been searching around for rims and keep seeing a pattern of offsets on rims for Civics.

+40 offset seems to be popular.

From what I know...offset is the difference from the center of the wheel and where the lug nuts actually attach. Positive offsets mean the face of the rim is towards the outside (for front wheel drive cars) Negative offsets are for a deeper dish wheel (like pick-ups)

So a +55 offset would be sucked in to the center of the car....?

Saw some 16" Fit wheels that looked cool but I think you'd need spacers to make them work....if I am right about the difference in the offsets. But what do spacers do to the rigidity and drive of the car?

it depends on the width of the wheel.

in a 7" wide, you want +42 ish (40-45)

+55's might rub on the suspension in a 7, but it may clear ina 6.5

I think the fit wheels are super narrow...they may be 6" b/c one guy said he had 185 16's which (from what I know) is for a narrow wheel (like my 14" del sols) but he may have made a typo

Don't spacers mean not as much meat on the lug nut? It's taken away when applying a spacer....right?

correct. you can get longer studs put in (a real pain in the ass imo), or you can just buy the correct wheels for you car in the first place :)

EGSIR,

What where the tire size on that +33 offset?

well, they were only 14's but i ran a 195/60 w/ them.. i'll see if i can dig up a pic

please excuse the paint.. was in the process of doing body work.. only got the primer done before it got stolen

DSC02597.jpg

+33 offset .....so they are pushed to the outside of the car in comparison to +55 offset which is sucked inside more....right? The +33 looks good....very much on te outside part of it all. I can see how +40 is ideal for getting to the outside lip but letting you tuck still.

+33 wont stick out.. it will almost be flush (depending on width or rim), but a tad sucked it.. now a +20 or +25 looks hot on EGs

My car is a little lower than you picture. I am tucked with the 186 60 14's. I found out that the offset for my rim could be on the outside under the center cap. Its a +45 offset now.

I found a great site too. It calculates what the new rim/tire will be doing. From offset to rolling radius.

Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tire Bible Page 2 of 2

On a piggyback of this topic....what is the OEM size tire on a JDM B16? Is it the same as the fat fives? (195 55 15 is what I think the fat fives are)

If I'm right about the tire on the car...then I'm only going 68mph when my speedo says 70mph

I had my Girlfriend next to me on the phone and had her 70mph and my car said around 73mph. And those stupid speed postings on the road always tell me Im slower then what the speedo says.

If this is all true...then 205 45 16's will be great and I can go up to (I think) +38mm offset which will push me out another 17mm total and put my speedo in better shape. +40 offset will push it out 15mm more to the outside

Its close after measuring and I think I can get around 20mm towards the outside before rubbing the inner fender (super close)

well that means there really close then and I don't know why its seems a little off.....I know not all cars are the same in their speedo accuracy.

They're probably tanks but if there +40-43 offset....they would look pretty nice on my hatch

Back