offshore oil drilling bill passes house

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

We haven't learned our lesson about voluntarily restricting demand. Once the gas prices inched away from the 4 dollar mark, out came the SUVs again.

Exactly. The bitching about gas prices has calmed down a lot since it dropped below 4 bucks. America is the capital of ADD. Not to long ago gas was 2.XX a gallon. Everyone was freaking out about hitting 3.50 but since it is a few pennies below 4 bucks everyone is creaming their collective panties and buying an SUV to celebrate.

While gas was $4+ a gallon, our local dodge dealership was selling their '08's (trucks) for 50% off. Damn skippy, 50% off msrp. And they still weren't selling trucks.

Then gas dipped below 4, the rediculous sales and radio commercials stopped dead in their tracks and they are now advertising the standard factory rebate crap again. I was thinking about buying a big ass dodge pickup just because it was half off. But I have no use whatsoever for such a thing.

While gas was $4+ a gallon, our local dodge dealership was selling their '08's (trucks) for 50% off. Damn skippy, 50% off msrp. And they still weren't selling trucks.

Then gas dipped below 4, the rediculous sales and radio commercials stopped dead in their tracks and they are now advertising the standard factory rebate crap again. I was thinking about buying a big ass dodge pickup just because it was half off. But I have no use whatsoever for such a thing.

Yup same thing happened around here as well. I hardly ever here anyone around work talking about gas prices and such any more. Everyone is excited about ten cents. To me the difrrence between 3.85 and 4 dollars is nothing to get pumped up about.

it's about $5 a week difference for the average driver. retarded.

:werd: people need to just pay for the damned gas. If they can't afford an extra $100 a month on gas then maybe they should consider canceling their kids cell with unlimited minutes, unlimited texting, and unlimited information, or stop eating out as much, or go with dsl instead of cable internet, or cancel some of the 500+ channels they have, or buy a Civic, or maybe even a Geo Metro :ph34r:

Or a collective of people start bringing lawsuits to the government or big oil companies (exxon... bp... and their respective stations) to stop this bullshit price gouging.

Gas is the same cost at 92 a barrel as it was at 102 a barrel, with how much I drive my car it costs me maybe 30 a month anymore... I'm just tired of greedy fuckers.

I don't see that ever happening or working. I'm sure if it ever came to that, the oil companies would just try buying people out. But you never really know.

I don't see that ever happening or working. I'm sure if it ever came to that, the oil companies would just try buying people out. But you never really know.

There in lies the problem. People bitch, moan, whine, complain and are basically up in arms about this, but if it ever came down to it they'll talk the talk but they won't walk the walk.

Sure it'd be nice to have a cut of the 4 billion in PROFITS Exxon-mobile made in the first quarter of 2008, but I'd rather pay at cost + the small profit local stations make + tax for gas instead of at cost + gouge + gouge + local station + tax.

We sit back and take it in the ass because there really is nothing we can do about it. Until gas is $25 a gallon and has completely trashed the united states economy, we're going to keep paying for it.

As soon as my bike cover arrives, I'm commuting the 1krr.

I wish I could. Problem is my father owns a small business. For some unknown fucking reason he bought a Chevy full size van and (my) GMC Savanna. Of course I do most of the driving and I have the biggest van with the most shit in it so I suck down the most gas. This shit hurts the business and I have no way to stop it.

I wish I could. Problem is my father owns a small business. For some unknown fucking reason he bought a Chevy full size van and (my) GMC Savanna. Of course I do most of the driving and I have the biggest van with the most shit in it so I suck down the most gas. This shit hurts the business and I have no way to stop it.

If he runs any business like we run ours, gas isn't a big deal. The price of material is the problem. A box of nails for us runs 160 now when 5 years ago they were 100.

Both gas and material prices are the problem.

Material problems are an easy solution, though. Internet + google = finding cheaper sources for the material.

Gas rising + big trucks = problem that sticks around with 3-4 trucks on the road 5 days a week.

Are you beating on these trucks? My overloaded e150 gets 20 on the hwy and like 14-16 in town.

It's a piece of shit. The door hinge is broken, the transmission blew out when I was on the highway, the fuel pump gave out. It's just a 9 year old piece of shit with 167k miles on it.

But no, since you insinuated it, I don't drive like I'm on a race track.

Back