Oh Crap, Problem With Skunk2 Im

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
I just bought a Skunk2 Manifold for a B16 to use on my LSVTEC. The Skunk2 page claims this manifold works with a B17A (93 GSR engine) which means that it would work with a fast idle valve that is not part of the throttle body. I can't find anywhere to mount the fast idle valve on the new intake manifold. My question is do I need this valve? If not, how do I bypass it? If so, how do I mount it to the manifold?

could you post a pic of it? i have a skunk2 mani, but my stuff is 99 si... maybe i could help

you have the obd0 intake manifold that has the external fast idle valve right??

i dont think any skunk2 ones will accept that. you need a throttle body from an obd1 b16 that has the mechanical fast idle valve on the bottom

Shit, I wish I had known that. Next question: can I just not use the Fast Idle valve? If not, where do you reccomend that I get a TB (I don't have a lot of cash)? If so, how?

i'm currrently not using a fast idle valve either. when it's really cold out.. my car sometimes wants to stall for the first minute or so of driving.. but after that its fine.

Cool, how did you bypass it? I can't really afford to buy a new TB at the moment. Living in Southern New Mexico I don't have to worry about it being really cold. :)

My LS TB (which is what I am running) doesn't have one either. So if I just run this one I should be okay, right?

Type R ECU will not work becuase I have an OBD1 car. Why would I want to make all the changes to go to OBD2? I'd have to get a P28 chipped. I already have a P72 that works well, I don't want to have to find a P28 with the right chip.

Back