Oh joy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

serrilion

In my own little world!
So Today me and 3 buddys got together and did some testing. A very simple track... Dirt, Pavement, Bumps, even made some wet pavement with a turn in and tested 1 set of Fuzion HRi's $41 bucks a tire, a set of Hankook Optimo H420's $59 bucks a tire and a Set of Yokohama ADVAN A460 at $68 bucks a tire.

All of this was done on a stock 99 Si no mods just tires... We found that the Fuzions were really nice for the money. They had a better handdling from Dirt to pavement and wet to Dry condtions but really sucked when it went wet to dirt.

The Hankooks were the all round having no streaths or weaknesses at all... expet from Dirt to Pavement they squealed and broke traction for a second.

The Yokohamas were exlent in the wet and dry conditions never broke traction once and connered better in the dry and wet then the fuzions or hankooks... But they slid a bit vs the Hankooks and Fuzsions on dirt

So in my opion if you live in the countery and need a good tire.. try Fuzsions, if you live more contery city get the Hankooks and if you live in the city or all pavement Yokahamas... it was fun! Anyone elts got an opion on these 3 sets of tires?:huh:

Well all the of those tires are in different categories so it isn't a totally fair comparison, but if I were to pick one out of the three I would go with the Fuzion.

The Advan is a summer only tire which explains why it didn't have the traction on the dirt. It also only has a treadwear rating of 160, which is even worse than the Azenis so don't expect them to last very long. If I was in the market for a high performance summer tire like that one is I would probably go with a different choice.

The Hankook looks like a decent choice if you're not going to be doing any really hard driving/cornering with them, but I have a feeling they probably have pretty weak sidewalls considering the fact that they are a regular all season tire. They have the highest treadwear rating of the 3 at 460, so you're going to get a harder compound that trades traction for a longer tire life. In addition, the weaker sidewalls mean that the harder you drive on them the more the outer shoulders are going to wear due to the tire rolling over around corners.

The Fuzion falls into the high performance all season category and is probably the best all around tire for changing weather conditions combined with spirited driving. They are made by Bridgestone and are also the cheapest tire on the list so that is definitely a big plus in my book. Bridgestone is known to make tires with very stiff sidewalls which will eliminate sloppy turn in and make your handling feel more solid when driving aggressively on corners. They have a treadwear rating of 400 which should offer a good tire life combined with much better handling over the Hankook.

Good job getting together and actually testing them all out.. that's also really important as the specs on a tire don't necessarily mean everything. I've bought some tires that looked really good on paper but in the real world they were pieces of shit :D

BTW you can get info on all 3 of them on The Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels

Ya I know... We got the tires off TireRack.com and wantted to see if there specs were up to par... for the most part.. they sort of are... But like you said, baced on what kind of driven ya want to do... next we are going to Test some pentenzas, Firestone cheapys, Goodyear cheays.. and a few other crap tires haha in the burn out catagorie

Back