oh man. Need help quick!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PowerAddict

So I got the clutch in, everything bolted, ready to go...or so I thought. I've never done a clutch in an accord before. I tried to start it, and it started for a second then died. Then When I tried to crank it over again, the starter is just spinning, not hitting the flywheel.

what do I need to do?

okay...it is turning over.

Just no start. Still have to see if its spark or fuel.

any thing I could have forgotten to fasten or put on?

have spark, and fuel pump is turning on. Cant find the schrader valve to look for line pressure.

I had the door unlocked, while the battery was out, and put the battery back in with the door unlocked. then I opened the door, and put in the radio code.

Did i mess with the anti-theft? Is there anything I can do?

it acts like it wants to start.

Check the ground wire just under the Dist. I had a friend take that off when doing his clutch and forgot to put it back on and had problems with the car running. Just a thought.

I'll look for that, I don't recall taking one off, thus I don't remember putting one back on, so thats a possibility. thanks for the suggestion.

this is probably a dumb suggestion but did you try to start it with the clutch pedal pressed fully down ?

i had that exact problem on a honda cbr600 motorbike and it turned out that because the engine was worn the compression was a bit low, so the new clutch slowed the cranking speed enough for it to turn but not start !

i always had to start it with the clutch disengaged for the first week or two till the new clutch plates had bedded in properly.

i know the bikes is very different from the cars but its so easy its gotta be worth a try if you havent already.............

clutch pedal has to be fully down for the clutch safety switch to allow the starter solenoid to get power.

thanks you though.

100% on the fuel. I just pulled the trannny.

someone helped me get it started...don't really know 100% what was wrong, they say "flooded" who knows.

Back