Oh. My. God.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

Apparently S&W released this last year.

S&W Model 500 Long barrel

Dear Lord. I have no idea what you would use this for aside from killing, like, bears or armored vehicles, but damn! .500 caliber! Just look at the cartridge comparison!

gallery_34693_58_1097805775.jpg

Two words - handheld artillery.

i don't know much about guns but the site says it's the biggest REVOLVER in the world...would that mean the Desert Eagle is still bigger? b/c as far as i know the D Eagle is bigger and stronger than the 44 magnum...correct me if i'm wrong and i hope i didn't offend any gun lovers out there with my ignorance on guns. :(

eh, if you pissed me off enough, I'd still shoot the price of the bullets is nothing for me. I'm scared of the jail time.

Originally posted by Blanco@Oct 15 2004, 04:43 AM
Exactly why you don't want .50 caliber for self defense. :)
[post=402885]Quoted post[/post]​

Well considering most of us couldn't get 5 rounds off in 5 seconds and hit a fucking elephant with that gun, I would say it is fairly useless for self defense.

DE and this are both .50 caliber

DE is not a revolver... this is however, so therefore its the largest revolver

I thought there was a difference in .50 and .500

I think it has something to do with the muzzle energy. I think the .500 has more than a .50

I could be mistaken though.

'weight empty 72.5 ounces'

that's 4.5 pounds before you put the ammo in it. try holding that sucker up at arms length for any time.

Back