oh no its not pvc!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

113256.JPG

113255.JPG

now i know yall gonna laugh but hey its temporary and it works!

i'vfe seen MUCH worse. that actualyl isn't too bad.
hell, a lot of stock turbo cars (1.8t) use a rubber charge pipe

12:1 vortech fmu...running very rich under boost...so far im seeing around 11.4:1 a/f under boost. yes detonation prone the way the charge pipes are with no IC. but running as rich as i am under full boost it should be alright till i can afford a good IC.

well put it this way since the turbo has been on for almost 2 days....my turbo hits full boost at roughly 4k....at 4k in 1st, 2nd, 3rd with 195/60/14 which are almost new, i have no traction. this thing pulls damn hard. alot harder than my old 215whp b16. i mean this thing actually throws you in the seat...ever ride in a eclipse gst? it hits a whole lot harder than that. i can only imagine what would happen if i had slicks on!

so how did u do this?? i have a dx engien laying around and i wanna try it. did you just get a turbo from the junkyard and bolt it on the stock header? did you have to tune it or anything?

the turbo came off a 99 sylvia....the t28 with an ar.80 and a .63 turbine. the exh mani is a modified cx exh. my oil feed line is a 5/16 solid brake line, return hose is just a 3/4 heater hose wraped in header wrap, im using a vortech 12:1 fmu wich isnt the best route but is better than no fmu, its actually not that hard at all to build. mine cost around $350...go to My Webpage they can haelp you out lots there! thats how i built mine was with there help being im no turbo guy.

lol Hell I used a piece of 3 inch PVC for my intake extension into the fender well, I bent it on my BBQ grill. And I put it on to the end of my intake with some hillbilly chrome (ductape). Im serious too, ill snap some pics.

Back