Oh noes! Nigerians got one over on me!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

khrisb

Yeah right...does anybody really fall for this shit?

Hello seller,

How are you doing today i am interested in buying your your item,i am purchasing this item for my client in state,so the item will be pick up from your house don t worry about the shipping again,how much are you selling this item last,also the payment will be issue out from one of my client Via Certified cashier's check, more over please do you have any pictures of this item so that i can send it to my client so he can see how it look likes,so if you are still interesting in selling the item out,do get back to me with your contact phone # and your full name, address so that my client can issue the payment out as soon as possible,I will be waiting for your swift reply asap..
Thanks so much.
Best Regards.

It's for my Jaguar on Craigslist. Nice engrish... I have 4 pictures on the site and I don't list it as an item, I say its a car.. Dummies.

i'm really tempted to accept their cashiers check.. and when someone comes to pick whatever it is up.. authorities will be waiting... think it'd work

Yeah, but they might get a shot off at me before the cops can grab em. Plus they might give my address to other Nigerian scam guys. I could just give em a fake one I suppose...

that pick up part is really strange

dont they usually ask you send them the difference?

the thing is no one will ever come to pick it up because it's a bogus cashiers check, by the time it clears your bank they expect you would have shipped the product.,if you don't they aren't out a dime

Lol it's a car though. What am I supposed to do, put it in a box? I might get them to send it and give it to the cops and have them super-sleuth it back to podunk arabia or wherever these shitheads are...:ph34r:

(doubtful) I can just keep it as a souvenir!

Z0mg! Check this:

Its my friends car and im trying to get some numbers for him. Were putting together a dx with a low compression built jdm b16. The motor has just been re-built with wiseco .5mm over pitons, toda valves I believe with ferrara springs and retainers and the motor stands at 9-1 compression and were tring to figure out what we could boost to safetly. I know its also in the tune and thats why its going to jeff evans when it is finished. For now we are trying to get your responses. I also think this is the right section for this thread but if it is not let me know. Thanks

(what i sent him back. It was from a random thread I clicked on.)

His response:

Hello,
Thank's for the message kindly send me your full name and address phone number so that the payment can be mail out also what is the total cost and do you still have any more of this car photo,if yes kindly have it send to me..Thank's

WTH?

i think you need to send him pictures of like 7 different POS cars from different angles

and one of the cars should definitely be rolled over sitting on its roof

Ok, here's the message I sent him. Keep in mind my name is my e-mail address...so yeah.

Ok the price is $1500 here are a few piktars!
My name is Jack Meehoff. I don't quite know my address. I'll have to go outside to look for it. I'll get it back to you when I can, it might be a while. We don't have a phone because we're poor. Just DSL. We're supposed to be getting indoor plumbing next week. I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it! I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!

Cheers mate!

Jack

and I sent him:
Cars_060607024154527_wideweb__300x375.jpg

amazing-cars.jpg

Wilma_54b.JPG

and a couple of animated gifs I had in my pictures folder. I hope this isn't a real guy...:lol:

My friend got caught in this.

Even better, they fucked up the scam. They just sent him the 3 money orders and THEN the email. The money orders were in his hand.

We examined them, they looked perfect. Took them to the bank (Without even responding to the letter) and they were fakes. Police taking over now.

Yeah I just don't want a dark, bearded fellow showing up at my door one day...I might get them sent to my old work and my mom could grab them for me...

Ah damn...the jig is up...
Their response:

Hello Mr Oni ro..Pls I want you to jamisi i ru level tio wa....hahahahahah

Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

lol, i get emails from them all the time, usually i just ignore them, but I'll have to do what you did.

Back