Oh Sh*#!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lowtea

On the way home from rugby practice yesterday the check engine light in my '93 Civic dx came on. I figured I would call a shop today and I know have to wait to bring it in until friday, but I had to get to school in the mean time. So this morning it started to sound very rough and vibrated way too much. It sounded like I had a honda with a Harley engine it as my friend put it. My best guess is that I am not running on all 4 cylinders. I am just wondering if anyone else might know what is wrong and what it would take to fix as in time and money. Also, if my guess is right would it neccesitate a complete teardown of the motor? I was already planning a swap but wanted to wait until july and save more for a LS/Vtec rather than B16 so if the motor is gone it isn't all bad but I was just pondering fixing.

Thanks for any help you can send

check all you spark plug wires, i know one time one of my wires popped off and things were really rough. its prolly not the problem, but its worth a shot

CEL? and the plug wires are all connected.

maybe you cracked a ring and have blowby and what not...its not necessary to burn oil when the ring cracks...i mean i blew 2 pistons and NO smoke

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@May 7 2003, 03:55 PM
check all you spark plug wires, i know one time one of my wires popped off and things were really rough. its prolly not the problem, but its worth a shot

:werd:

sounds like you have the problem i had months ago, my intake sounded like it had rocks bouncing around it it...im still not exactly sure what it was to date but a head rebuild and new piston rings solved my problem

Allright, for anyone who cares it turns out that it was the distributer and ignition coil. Both were pretty much shot, so as long as I was at it I replaced the plugs and wires to along with the 90,000K service.

Back