Oh yeah, cause food wasn't expensive enough yet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What do you mean? I eat meat. I'm not a bleeding liberal vegetarian in any respect. I just know what's attached with meat production. Educate yourself man. It's so over subsidized, over fed, and over transported.

I know, I know. I wasn't trying to slam you at all. Just, the majority of American consumers will choose price over quality and will prefer to not know where their meat comes from. This is why the organic food section at your local supermarket is maybe 1/20th of the store and not 3/4 of it.

i like most meats. steak is the fucking shit. i love going to a good steak place and just getting a huge med-rare steak with sauce. but fast food beef blows. if i go to taco bell, McDs, BK, 9/10 i order chicken. i do enjoy a GOOD burger from time to time fresh off the grill.

damn i love meat.

No update ? The scare was false ? Nothing ?

Humph. Ok.

1211559914247.jpg

This stuff was just expensive to start with.

Expect the prices of everything to go up after all this extra money is being pumped into the system from the stimulus payments.

This country is headin straight down the shitter...

It's pumped right into Walmart's hands, and China's system.

Didn't do a fuckin thing for us but drain us. Bad idea. Well, good idea, but anyone could have seen that the money goes right back into hand-out markets such as Walmart.

I was gonna use my money to support local businesses, either strippers or my bike mechanic's time.

$600 isn't a hold lot of money to my household

it will just go into my bank account, or maybe into my slush fund for a new car

or maybe I'll put it against my home loan

who knows

$600 AT LEAST for each family in the US.

So lets assume the average family is about 4 people.

300 million / 4 = 75 million

75 million * 600 = $45 billion

Now I don't know if my math is correct and thats obviously a rough estimate but you get the point. $600 may seem like not that much to a household but thats a shitload of money being pumped into our economy and its going to have to adjust somehow.

The dependence on meat in america is as bad for the environment, economy and such as the dependence on oil.

Buy local.

This is a romantic dream that will never become a reality.

actually buying local is a great way to lower energy costs

and you don't have to pay a fortune to do it

visit your farmers market

I think I get what he's saying... That type of thing works when a small number of people do it, but imagine every person in a 'small' town of 50,000 trying to buy and grow everything locally... It just doesn't work. Like my theory of wildlife during a total national breakdown... Folks say you could just hunt for your food... With 300 million people doing that, every animal in north america would go extinct in a month.

I think I get what he's saying... That type of thing works when a small number of people do it, but imagine every person in a 'small' town of 50,000 trying to buy and grow everything locally... It just doesn't work. Like my theory of wildlife during a total national breakdown... Folks say you could just hunt for your food... With 300 million people doing that, every animal in north america would go extinct in a month.

What you'd find is that some people would be more skilled at hunting and would happen upon an industry trading the things they kill for other things that others are better at doing than them, like making clothing, candles, jewelry, etc. Underground economies would be formed even in a time of crisis when everyone has to hunt for their own food. It would be like 1600-1700's America all over again.

What you'd find is that some people would be more skilled at hunting and would happen upon an industry trading the things they kill for other things that others are better at doing than them, like making clothing, candles, jewelry, etc. Underground economies would be formed even in a time of crisis when everyone has to hunt for their own food. It would be like 1600-1700's America all over again.

They'd form, but they'd take a very long time to do so going from a society that's been separate and removed from itself for at least 4 generations. Those types of societies would have to be made from scratch... We really have nothing to go on knowledge-wise, even our recent ancestors haven't had to live that way. In the mean time you've got chaos and anarchy, with every family trying to fend for themselves in most circumstances, trying to maintain their old-world self-sufficient household mentality. That's the timeframe where the continent runs out of wildlife. :)

Plus there were maybe a million or two people tops back then, with alot more area for wildlife, and even then certain animal populations were threatened. Heck, we drove the buffalo extinct just a few decades later. With 300 million people that are used to being pampered suddenly trying to live off the land, there'd be nothing left in no time.

They'd form, but they'd take a very long time to do so going from a society that's been separate and removed from itself for at least 4 generations. Those types of societies would have to be made from scratch... We really have nothing to go on knowledge-wise, even our recent ancestors haven't had to live that way. In the mean time you've got chaos and anarchy, with every family trying to fend for themselves in most circumstances, trying to maintain their old-world self-sufficient household mentality. That's the timeframe where the continent runs out of wildlife. :)

Plus there were maybe a million or two people tops back then, with alot more area for wildlife, and even then certain animal populations were threatened. Heck, we drove the buffalo extinct just a few decades later. With 300 million people that are used to being pampered suddenly trying to live off the land, there'd be nothing left in no time.

True true

im going to go live with the amish.
they will accept me bc i will bring great mysteries from the outside world and teach them about such things.
they will house me and allow me to live peacefully with them.
And i will tell tales of the witchcraft known as electricity, and the myths of flight.
they WILL be amazed.

lol.

Back