Oil Control Jet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

commador

First, my current engine is a d15b7. I am swapping the head out for a d16z6 head. Ive heard about this oil control jet. Is the jet on the d15 block? If so what do I do with it? I ran a search and someone said you pull it out. Is that all you need to do? or must you pull it from the d15 block and put it in the d16 head? Im confident I can do the swap, but this is the last thing I need to know, its got me really confused. Thanks for any help :)

simply pull it out ...use a pin or a set of needle nose ... it just slides right out
the VTEC head already has one in it so you can throw it out or get creative with it and make some jewelry or some shit

heres a pic

oiljet.jpg

no lines no nothing.... timing is a little bit tricky though

i had a Z6/B7 mini me in my sol before my real swap....

its pretty easy .... dont ask me about wiring ... i already had VTEC i just blew up my Z6 bottom end and swapped it out for a B7 block that i had sitting around

not to sound stupid but you mean the cam timing right? In the haynes manual it shows that each motor has a different timing, so i could use that as a guide to line the z6 cam up with the marks on the b7 block and hope it works. And about the wiring, I already have that part covered so i wont ask about it. ;)

yeah the cam timing is a little tricky cuz none of the marks line up that you would usually line it up with so you really do need to use a light to set it

alright, one last question, ive read that 5th gens all come with the same ecu harness and it only differs at the engine harness. is this true? If not which pin on the ( 93 dx ) harness should I put the wires for the new ( 95 si ) ECU?

Back