Oil feed line

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Del Slw

i've seen where people have run the oil to their turbo from the poil pressure sensor, and the filter sandwich thing. but is there anywere else?
there is a 10mm bolt on the front of the head, just infront of the cam seal, that if you remove, oil comes out. can this work?

clarification... if your looking at the engine head on, on the top left corner, about 2" below the valve cover, there is a 10mm bolt that can be removed. it holds nothing on..

i can take a pic if need be.

hey dude just get a brass t fitting found at your autoparts store. remove your oil prs sensor unit and thread in the t fitting! CAUTION BE SURE TO USE the metric adapter. the t's are like an 1/8 that will strip out the hole! than attach you oil psi sensor to one of the ports on the t fitting and the left over one to the oil line to your turbo! good luck

Originally posted by Accordturbo94@Oct 29 2003, 12:44 AM
hey dude just get a brass t fitting found at your autoparts store. remove your oil prs sensor unit and thread in the t fitting! CAUTION BE SURE TO USE the metric adapter. the t's are like an 1/8 that will strip out the hole! than attach you oil psi sensor to one of the ports on the t fitting and the left over one to the oil line to your turbo! good luck

dude, unless he knows what he is doing, the oil pressure unit is fucking hard.

especially if he is on a sohc. its not hard per se...but its a bitch.

first you gotta take off the rubber boot. most likely, even tho u are trying to be careful, you will break it. then u gotta snake ur arm up in there and take it off, thread the "t" on and run ur line. its not as simple as it sounds.

it was a fucking bitch for me to do it on my y8.

try the head...i heard u can tap there as well...

DO NOT TAKE A FEED LINE FROM THE HEAD.

there is next to NO oil pressure in the head under 3k rpms and you will fry your turbo.

that is all.

sadnwhich filter adapter (what im using)
or
1/8 bspt fitting into the back of the block. it is NOT from the pressure sender. it is down and to the left of it on the back of the block. let me see if i have a pic....

oilpressurefittings.JPG

1/8" male BSPT => 1/8" female NPT adaptor

the place your speaking of is, it blank? like there's a removable bolt/but, but nothing there for it? and i just get a male and female thing, and run the line from that to the turbo?

and the sandwich, i was at a domestic perf shop yesterday, and they had one that had 2 outlets, it was meant to be used for an oil cooler. can i just use that? it was only $40. i would just plug up the 2nd outlet.....

it's a B16 btw...

Originally posted by Del Slw@Oct 29 2003, 06:18 PM
the place your speaking of is, it blank? like there's a removable bolt/but, but nothing there for it? and i just get a male and female thing, and run the line from that to the turbo?

and the sandwich, i was at a domestic perf shop yesterday, and they had one that had 2 outlets, it was meant to be used for an oil cooler. can i just use that? it was only $40. i would just plug up the 2nd outlet.....

it's a B16 btw...

Yeah they work too! GReddy makes one!

Don't ever screw a T into the block. The weight of the tee and the vibration will cause it to break off inside the block, cutting off the oil to the turbo, frying the turbo.

Screw in a nipple using teflon tape, then run a length of line with a loop in it to the firewall where the T is mounted. Install the oil pressure sensor there, and add another tee between that and the turbo for an aftermarket oil pressure gauge if you want. Then run the line from there to the turbo with another loop in it. The loops are to cancel out any vibrations that may be sent through the line, as well as creating enough slack to allow for engine movement.

You *can* use 1/8 NPT thread in the 1/8 BSP hole in the block with three or four wraps of teflon tape. It won't screw up the threads in the block enough to cause it to leak, but you won't be able to screw a BSP thread in there again. NPT is much more common, so if you can't find a BSP -> NPT adapter, I'd suggest doing this. I've had good luck with it.

Originally posted by Del Slw@Oct 29 2003, 06:18 PM
and i just get a male and female thing,

If you continue to use "thing" instead of the proper terminoligy, I'm going to start deleting your posts. "Thing" is not the name of any part on any car, and by calling a part a "thing," we don't know what the hell you're talking about. If you don't know the name of the part, go buy a shop manual, even a Haynes manual, and look up the name of the part.

sorry! thing, nipple, whatever, you knew what i was talking about.

and what does BSP and NPT stand for?

i know my way around an engine, sometimes i have a brain fart...

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Oct 29 2003, 10:22 PM
Don't ever screw a T into the block. The weight of the tee and the vibration will cause it to break off inside the block, cutting off the oil to the turbo, frying the turbo.

Screw in a nipple using teflon tape, then run a length of line with a loop in it to the firewall where the T is mounted. Install the oil pressure sensor there, and add another tee between that and the turbo for an aftermarket oil pressure gauge if you want. Then run the line from there to the turbo with another loop in it. The loops are to cancel out any vibrations that may be sent through the line, as well as creating enough slack to allow for engine movement.

You *can* use 1/8 NPT thread in the 1/8 BSP hole in the block with three or four wraps of teflon tape. It won't screw up the threads in the block enough to cause it to leak, but you won't be able to screw a BSP thread in there again. NPT is much more common, so if you can't find a BSP -> NPT adapter, I'd suggest doing this. I've had good luck with it.

I had a t in mine with no problem! But yeah that makes sense to me! I guess I got lucky. Ill have to remember that next time. But man when I picture it I just cant see it breaking! the line to the turbo should flex. the sensor has a wire and that would break before anything! But you never know! SHIT HAPPENS.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Oct 29 2003, 10:22 PM

Another option is to run the oil feed line directly from the block to the turbo, then use a 3 way T at the turbo oil inlet to provide for an oil pressure sensor, thus eliminating the extra weight of a T and adapters hanging off the back of the block

s3eac8e39dbbad.jpg

I hope to god that little Nylon line isn't your turbo feed line... That thing doesn't look like it carries enough oil to lubricate my cock during sex, much less a 140,000 rpm spinning turbo!

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Oct 30 2003, 04:57 AM
I hope to god that little Nylon line isn't your turbo feed line... That thing doesn't look like it carries enough oil to lubricate my cock during sex, much less a 140,000 rpm spinning turbo!

No, that is the line for the oil pressure sender lol

note the -3 an stainless line going into the turbo:)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 31 2003, 01:47 AM
im running -6an to my turbo feed....

from all the posts ive read on h-t...anything over -4an is too big

tons of people are getting oil restrictors in their feed lines to lower the oil pressure the turbo sees...

hrm.... it came with the kit from geoff.... i dunno... i don't even care about the fucking car anymore. i hope it blows up.

Back