Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OEM Filters

• WIX Filters

• Ot

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

swanny

Im just wondering what you guys use. I personally use Mobil 1 synthetic with Fram filters but im thinking of going with AMS oil. thoughts?

For oil? I would go with Penzoil or Royal Purple

Originally posted by SLA@Oct 2 2003, 10:32 AM
They say that Fram is the best when it comes to filters.

Somebody lied to you. If you have ever taken apart an oil filter you would find out that Fram makes a very crappy oil filter. Besides the obvious choice of an OEM Honda filter, I would recommend a Wix (or Napa, same thing) or Baldwin filter (if they make one for our cars).

i use castrol syntec 10w-30 full synthetic, with K&N performance gold filters. i just started to use these filters, has anyone used these? thoughts?

:werd: :puke: Fram

Fram = about the worse kind of oil filter you can buy, unless you get the s0per d00per premium one which costs you an arm and a leg. The pressure diaphragm for the oil bypass is so weak that it basically lets all the dirty oil through and doesn't run much of it through the filter.

Mobil1 filters are excellent too, along with Hamps and the other ones people have mentioned.

By the way- your poll is somewhat useless the way you set it up- you can only pick one item, not two.

hey cal, do you know anything about the k&n filter? ive been trying to get some input on it but no one seems to know about it. i wanna know that im not spending 10 bucks on a filter for notthing :lol:

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 2 2003, 12:05 PM
By the way- your poll is somewhat useless the way you set it up- you can only pick one item, not two.

sorry im retarded. id change it if i could.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Oct 2 2003, 12:12 PM
hey cal, do you know anything about the k&n filter? ive been trying to get some input on it but no one seems to know about it. i wanna know that im not spending 10 bucks on a filter for notthing :lol:

Dunno.

fram..napa..lol..no thanks..im usin mobil1 synthetic/HAMP filter..i got a question for you peeps.. what oil weight or #rating flows the best through a honda oil pump/motor(10w-30/5w-40/etc.)?...thos are just a couple of choices but i was just wondering if there was a difference in flow rate..

Don't the Fram filters usually go to shit if you let them clog up? I could give a crap about fram, but if you change your oil often enough, I've never heard someone say an oil filter hurt their engine. A lot of the fancier filters have bypasses for the oil if the filter were to clog.

Most oil filters have bypasses, even the Fram. Fram's bypass valve is just really weak- apply any sort of pressure (like from high revs), and it just lets all the oil straight through without going through the filter element.

Back