Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OEM Filters

• WIX Filters

• Ot

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RedLine 5w30 synthetic w/honda oem filter

what weight or # rating of oil has the best flow rate?...just wondering

honda recommends 5w30 and that seems to work best in my crx (compared to 10w30 or 10w40)

right now im using castrol syntec full synthetic. as for oil filters, i read an extensive review on them and recommend: hamps, stp, mobil1, bosch, honda JDM (if u can find it). NOTE: honda USDM (Filtech) filters are just as bad as Fram "el-cheapo's"!!

i heard the new s2000 filters are made by toyo-roki..i think they are baby blue but im not sure and i think they will fit on all hondas..i havnt gone to honda to get one yet..let me know if you find out about these

I use Mobil 1 w/ an oem Honda Filter

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Oct 3 2003, 12:42 PM
honda recommends 5w30 and that seems to work best in my crx (compared to 10w30 or 10w40)

This is not true for all Honda engines. For the B17 (and I believe that B18C) Honda reccomends 10W30.

I know a lot of old school people who swear by Honda filters.

Myself I haven't changed my filter yet, only put in a quart of 5w-30 a week.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Oct 3 2003, 03:04 PM
This is not true for all Honda engines. For the B17 (and I believe that B18C) Honda reccomends 10W30.

They recommend 10W30 for most of their engines depending on climate (i.e., if you live in a colder climate).

The Helms for my car reccomends 10W30 for the B17 in almost all climates. It only steps to 5W30 when it is really friggin cold.

Originally posted by Jeef@Oct 3 2003, 06:25 PM
I know a lot of old school people who swear by Honda filters.

Myself I haven't changed my filter yet, only put in a quart of 5w-30 a week.

I never had a problem with Honda OEM filters... last engine's crank and bearings came out perfect after 45k miles with Mobil1 and Honda filters. BUT- given that Honda uses three different manufacturers for their filters now, and of varying quality- I might start using Mobil1's filters. They look like they're built pretty well on the inside in comparison to the Honda units.

what about the new S2000 honda oem filters that are made by toyo-roki a jdm company?i think they are baby blue..anyone check these out yet?

I'm not sure that those filters will fit on a D or B block... I'm pretty sure that the K blocks use a different size filter.

Originally posted by kingwilly@Oct 4 2003, 01:45 PM
someone told me that they will fit on most hondas,but im not sure

Well, I've never tried, and I don't trust what "most people say", so go buy one and test fit it yourself.

:lol:

:werd:

I live by Mobil1 and OEM filters.

I used a napa filter once, and the bitch leaked in 4 days.

Mobil 1 5w-30 OEM filter

Just changed my oil and when I got my Filter from the Dealer, it was the new little one, and it says made by fram,

everyone says fram=shit, what do you guys plan on using now, still OEM or something different

thanks in advance

yea 10w-30 would be better than 5w-30, especially on a modified motor where you will be seeing higher temps, unless you live in a very cold place.

Back