Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OEM Filters

• WIX Filters

• Ot

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

actually only some are made from fram. i bought like 10 the other day for my car and they are all med by honeywell

Castrol with Fram... I use valvoline racing oil for my tranny... basically just any heavy weight oil is called racing oil at valvoline.

Originally posted by kingwilly@Oct 4 2003, 12:18 PM
what about the new S2000 honda oem filters that are made by toyo-roki a jdm company?i think they are baby blue..anyone check these out yet?

yes, i am. B)

all honda's 87 and up, are now using the newer smaller filters, with the exceptions of the s2000, and the insight. the s2000 is now the only honda that still uses the bigger filter, and the insight use an even smaller one. if you go to honda dealer to pick up an oil filter for your 92 civic, you will recieve the newer smaller filter, and it will fit on your block just like the older big ones. you could also order an oil filter for pretty much any honda, and it will fit on your 92 civic - all honda oil filters share the same part #. one year ago, if you were to ask for a filter for the same car, you would have gotten the older bigger filter.

here's a cute little picture i found:
oil.jpg

the s2000 filter is made by toyo/roki, and the other smaller ones are made by fram and faltech. is the s2000 bigger? yes. is it better? i don't know, probably. i don't really care either, i just have the larger oil wrench socket, and i like the parts counter guys thinking i really have an s2000.

i've did research and k & n filter are shitty..... they filter just like fram so why pay $10 for a k & n............ the best buy would be the mobile 1 filter even though I myself don't use it cause it's to expensive

post some proof. we dont need rumors being started

and how much are the mobil 1 filters and where do you get them from? ive looked around and been unable to find them

most mobile gas stations have them. if not walmart has them i think. I buy my mobile 1 for my crx in walmart, they are dumb there. I bought one of them cases that has 6 quarts in it, and I bought 2 more of them. the lady scanned 1 typed somethin into the computer, and told me 4 somethin please. so I handed her a five and hauled out.

I recently purchased a JDM D15B... the filter that was on this engine when I received it appeared to be JDM/OEM... Jap writing on it and all & that Honda blue color that reminds me of Ford tractor blue. This filter also had the coil spring bypass and a hefter feel than your typical Fram, etc. Anyway... what I'm getting at is that I found an AC Delco filter (PF1127) @ Auto Zone that is litterally identical including the blue paint for less than $4. Helms recomends that only filters with the bypass be used.

:burnout:

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Mar 13 2004, 11:56 PM
most mobile gas stations have them. if not walmart has them i think. I buy my mobile 1 for my crx in walmart, they are dumb there. I bought one of them cases that has 6 quarts in it, and I bought 2 more of them. the lady scanned 1 typed somethin into the computer, and told me 4 somethin please. so I handed her a five and hauled out.

i went to walmart and didnt see any mobil 1 filters... i saw plenty of mobil1 oil, but no filters

Honda OEM Blue filters FTW. By the way, for most Honda engines you got the 15400-PLM-A01 (Filtech) and the 15400-PLM-A02 (Honeywell/Fram). Filtech isn't crappy, there a branch of Toyo Roki the best filters. Honeywell on the other hand... well yeah lol

And as old as this thread is, I never voted either. Napa Gold filters. Mobil 1 oil.

Back