oil in intake mani?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CrazyAzn

so heres the deal, lately ive been noticing some smoke out the exhaust but its only after ive been driving/ during drive. Ill be driving along, no smoke no ne thing, ill let off the gas as if im comming to a stop, then when i press the peddle i get a nice puff of smoke ( i think its white, hard to tell cus of tinted back window) so today when i was chaing the head/ head gasket i noticed there was oil in my intake runners. which is prob going into the intake, burning in the cylindres, then out the exhaust in the form of smoke.

now the question is, how did the oil it get there? pcv system? bad pcv valve? im not to sure. . . can someone please help me out. im pretty sure my old head had some bad valve seals/seats. . . i should have never bought a 1st gen b16 block -_- that whole motor was a piece of _______ and the only thing i could use was the head.

if it is the pcv system, how is so much oil getting into it, but ill post some more info once my car is up and runing and ill let you noe if the prob persist.

To check a PCV valve, take the valve out and shake it. If it rattles, then its good, if not replace. You can burn alot of oil if your PCV valve is bad. My buddy was loosing over a qt between oil changes until he replaced his PCV valve and it went away.

sweet, ill change it as soon as i can get to the parts store. . . by any chance do you know if he was smoking? or was he just loosing oil?

that sounded kinda dumb, but oh well

thanks,
kyle

I'd definitely check the PCV...like asmallsol said, take it out and shake it, it should rattle.

Back