Oil in my plug?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spoets

hey so i bought a 91 integra gs with a blown head gasket the other day and its getting oil in one of the plugs could this be cause of the head gasket? i checked the valve seal and it seemed to be fine and i have no clue what else it could be, i dont really have much experience with cars as this is my first but a friend told me to check the valve seal and i dont think thats the problem. any ideas??

could be the seals on the valve cover that seal it from oil going into the spark plug holes. I had the same problem. i took out a spark plug and it was dripping with oil. it was one of the rings. is it dripping with oil?

yeah its covered, i took it out cleaned all inside it and cleaned the plug with paper towel, ran it for a bit then checked in there again and it has more oil in it again, checked the seal and it seemed fine might just try replacing it and see what happens what would you suggest?

My seals looked fine when it was doing it too. Just go to your nearest parts store and get a valve cover gasket kit. You might as well change the valve cover gasket to. The valve cover kit should come with the seals.

Back