oil leaking into radiador

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

johny#5

I've noticed oil in my radiador, but only when ever the V TECH is engaged:( . i don't really know how to approach this problem. also the engine is a B18C rebuild. I need some help with the problem.:unsure:

well first its vtec, 2nd there no way of knowing if it only happens when you hit vtec, no on to the problem. it can only be a few things basicly you have carack somewere in the head or block. or a bad gasket

I'm leaning towards you not bolting the head on correctly since you said the motor was just rebuilt.

Usually people inspect the head and block for cracks and/or warpage before assembling the motor again so I don't think it's that. Did you guys reuse the old head gasket? that's a big no no...

Bad head gasket or when mating head to block during rebuild the mating surfaces weren't machined flat or head wasn't torqued down correctly. Any of these would definitly have a result like yours. The vtec really has nothing to do with it.

:werd: I know how you feel. I thought i had a head gasket problem but my block was stripped out so the middle two bolts werent holding torque. The motor was also a rebuild. Anyway there is a new motor on the way. :)

Back