oil leaking into spark plug tubes?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

So I take my car over to the dealer to have a t-belt, water pump, valve adjustment, fluid change, and plugs done and they call and tell me I have oil leaking into the spark plug tubes. I assume that it's leaking in at the base of the tube? How easy would this be to fix, and about how much do you think it would end up costing me? I know the oil can't be leaking into the chamber because the car doesn't smoke or burn oil at all.

Easy as hell. 4 bolts. Get a valve cover gasket set. It'll come with the four gaskets for the plug holes along with new washers and of course the valve cover gasket. Install it all and call it a day.

15 minute job.

Also, Be sure to follow torque specs. It should be somewhere around 10 ft lbs. If you over-tighten it like alot of people do, it'll leak again.

yeah definitely get a new gasket doomiflutchet. Check my protege and you will see what happends without one. i could soo start my own exxon with all the oil ive leaked (oooo burn). my car almost set on fire today...it was kinda funny.

Back