OIL LIGHT FLICKERS , HELP PLEASE

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NCHATCH

okay i have a turbo on my civic right and i heard that 15-w50 is a good oil for turbo hondas. so i did the change parked it, go to drive it tonight and the oil light flickers on and off.

so i change the sending unit, change oil back to 5-w30, and it doesnt come on at an idle or when im driving.

but if i just barely give it a slight pop on the throttle(SAFC says like 2%) real quick, the rpms drop to like 600, and the oil light blinks but goes back off when the rpms go back to normal idle.

is this just like an almost stalling thing, and the oil pressure just gets low at that rpm??

what is normal idle oil psi? my book says 10@idle 50@3000??

i hooked up a gauge and @ idle i make 16psi.

when i pop the gas its just barely like an 1/8 of an inch, is my car just going thru stalling procedures or am i screwed, the motor only has like 2000 miles since it was built up.

it never comes on at any time, i have no noise from my motor other than normal.

HELP PLEASE

my oil light only used to flick at me when I'd never check it and it would get bone dry, but the kicker is the cams would never click when hitting the rockers.

Are you sure the oil pump is pumping the oil? Do you have an oil pressure gauge? That would help tremendously to figure out what's going on under driving conditions.

my car does the exact same thing...the oil light flashes for 1/2 a second at around 500-600 rpms when I start it up..I have no idea what makes it do it. :(

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Aug 24 2003, 06:34 AM
my car does the exact same thing...the oil light flashes for 1/2 a second at around 500-600 rpms when I start it up..I have no idea what makes it do it. :(

Wait...do you both mean when you first start it up and then it doesn't flash at all when driving?

It's supposed to do that...all cars are. It's the testing "thing" the car goes through on startup.

could be some blockage maybe, the oil light comes on normally when no oil is getting to the head i have been told.

you guys better get the OIL light fixed.

you don't want a ROD to shoot out on the freeway when comming home or u do? ;)

Back