Oil light won't turn on...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MikeBergy

Blah blah blah....
So, I go for a drive to the nearest town today, everything seems hunky dory. I get back into town, in time for my smog test this morning. I get to the smog station and pull up to the bay, and jump out to let the smog tech do his thing. He's a buddy of mine, so I can't imagine him doing anything stupid. The stupid car dies while it's idling, like it's flooded somehow. It also did it at 2500rpm. I am guessing maybe an intermitently failing fpr is the cause for that, but the problem I want to solve now is the fact that when I put my ignition in the key-on-engine-off position, the oil light doesn't come on like it should. Now, I'd assume with a malfunctioning oil pressure switch, that the light would be on permanently while the engine on, but just the opposite is the case here. I'm guessing that maybe the dash bulb decided to die on me at an awkward time, but if any of you have had a similar problem, let me know. Thanks

Back