Oil lines with Golden Eagle Adapter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPlaya

When ordering my turbo oil lines..

Do I just need to get a kit without the block fitting then im set?

What do you mean, you didn't buy any of your lines with the golden eagle kit? You'll have to deal with whatever they gave you. You need to find out what size the output lines are on the adapter, you can take it to a hardware store and goto the fittings section. Find a "flare fitting" (If I rememeber right) that fits, and then you can match that to what you need to buy in a SS line, that way you don't buy one that wont go...

It could be as simple as getting a kit without a block fitting, but you have to make sure to match the sizes to what you have, or get an adapter of some sort. I don't know how many sizes are out there becuase I have only 1... I bet there are 2 or 3 though, just enough to screw up your luck.

HTH

yup... but its even more complicated that that :D

the GE adapter comes in like 213123 sizes and port configs.

the default is 1/8" NPT and a -8 AN O-ring ( Boss ) port.

running a plug on the boss port, and a 1/8NPT to -3an fitting on the NPT side will set you up perffect for a -3an feed line.

Me, I had the scenrio where i had a 1/8th to -4an fitting come with my kit. oddly enough, my oil pressure guage was a -4 feed. so, i put it on that..

now, im left with the big boss port for the feed line.

what i ended up doing, was getting a -8 boss plug, tapped it for a 1/8 npt fitting inside the top of the boss port... and then ran my -3 out of that to the turbo.

ended up looking like this:

DSC00853.JPG

Alright.. So It comes with 3 ports? or 2? You kind of confused me there..

so I want both sides to me 1/8NPT right? with -3an fittings than the lines?

I gotta look and see what my oil pressure gauge is

it comes with 2 ports.... one small 1/8 NPT and 1 big -8 boss

you only need 1 port for the feed.

if you want to run a pressure guage off of it, then you're going to have to do what i did most likely...

look at the pic

on the left side, is the large -8 boss port with a light blue plug (ie, no fitting end.. a stopper). i drilled, and tap/died a 1/8NPT fitting into the plug top. then, i teflon taped up and put in the 1/8 NPT to -3an fitting in the dark blue, and that goes out to my -3 feed line.

get your lines from http://www.fast-turbo.com

If I Ordered a oil kit that the block fitting fits where the oil pressure sensor is.. Does this defeat the purpose of the Golden Eagle Adapter?

yes, but the fitting in the back of the block method sucks. they brake easily. the sandwhich adapater is the way to do it.

Back