oil mixing with antifreeze on rebuilt h22a??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbowagon92

what up,i have a rebuilt h22a,9:1,ported and polished head.the problem is car started up and is running but oil is dissappearing and is mixing with antifreeze in radiator.the engine has very low fuel pressure.what could possibly cause this problem???my h22a has mahle gold series pistons to work with stock sleeves.the fuel injectors are 720cc.:confused:

Did you have it before it was rebuilt or did you just buy it? Oil and antifreez is problably a bad gasket or inproperly installed on the head or intake. The low fuel pressure could be a variety of problems. A plugged fuel filter, or a bad fuel pump would be the first thing to check.

Unless you are running some kind of rediculous setup, 720ccs is way way way too much. Hell, your fuel pressure problem is probably due to your fuel pump not being able to keep up with those injectors.

Did you have the block and head decked while it was apart? Make sure it was on there right side up, and torque the head bolts properly, and in the correct order?

t3/t4 turbo w/crome pro base map

my h22a accord has a t3/t4 turbo w/8.9:1 compression(inverted pistons-mahle gold series pistons),10lb wastegate spring,airtec in tank forced induction 255lph fuel pump.:confused:

Last edited:
where is oil going??

let me be specific with my problem.my turbo accord has a newly rebuilt 8.9:1 compression h22a engine.first car starts let run for 2 minutes and a quarter of a quart of oil is missing after shutdown.my mechanic cannot figure out where leak is coming from but sees visible signs of oil in radiator.second,head was not torqued properly,the mechanic took off head looking for signs of improper installation but couldn't find anything.my question is after taking off head would there be any signs that would identify improper installation of head gasket???which should i have done put engine back together this time torqued properly or have block taken out,engine put back together and pressure tested.let me not forget to add that there were no visible signs of antifreeze in oil when engine was shutdown and oil was checked.:confused:

Last edited:
Back